I recently switched laptops and now have Windows 10. I installed Mission Planner on my laptop and plugged a mRo SiK Telemetry Radio into the USB port. The radio is not recognized on the com ports but is instead on the "Other Devices" tab in Device Manager as "FT230X Basic UART", the FTDI chip in the radio. When I go to properties it says no driver is installed.
I've tried multiple mRo radios and an old 3DR radio, different USB ports, updating Mission Planner, uninstalling Mission Planner and reinstalling, installing QGroundcontrol, and uninstalling the radio in device manager and plugging it back in.
I've spent some time digging through forums trying to find a way to manually install drivers or to find out if Windows firewall is somehow blocking it with no luck.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Installing the chipset drivers did do something, but not what I expected. When I plug the radio into the USB port, I now get a port called "COM4 Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART," which I expected to be the radio. It's not. Instead, it also added *another* com port, in this case something simply labeled "COM6" and that is the radio!
The thing to do might be, determine from the vendor of the USB device being plugged in, who the vendor is on the USB interface chip they have used.
I am not saying the parts you are using are fake, I am just telling you of what has happened in the past.
If it is not truly an FTDi part, you may have to identify and disable a real FTDI driver that me be installed and active, before the driver from the vendor works.