Win 10 Laptop not seeing Sik radios

I recently switched laptops and now have Windows 10. I installed Mission Planner on my laptop and plugged a mRo SiK Telemetry Radio into the USB port. The radio is not recognized on the com ports but is instead on the "Other Devices" tab in Device Manager as "FT230X Basic UART", the FTDI chip in the radio. When I go to properties it says no driver is installed.

I've tried multiple mRo radios and an old 3DR radio, different USB ports, updating Mission Planner, uninstalling Mission Planner and reinstalling, installing QGroundcontrol, and uninstalling the radio in device manager and plugging it back in.

I've spent some time digging through forums trying to find a way to manually install drivers or to find out if Windows firewall is somehow blocking it with no luck.

Any advice would be appreciated.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• In the Device Manager, update the driver for the "FT230X Basic UART," specifying the driver's location. If the issue persists, disable driver signature enforcement temporarily during the driver installation process. If still unsuccessful, attempt to install the FTDI Virtual COM Port (VCP) drivers. For further assistance, contact mRo support or the radio's manufacturer. For more info https://answersrepublic.com/travel/safest-places-to-travel-in-costa....
    The Best & Safest Places to Travel in Costa Rica
    Are you wondering what are the safest places to travel in Costa Rica? Find out more about its current crime rate and the best places to visit here.
  • When trying to connect the mRo SiK Telemetry Radio (FT230X Basic UART) to a Windows 10 laptop, the device is recognized under "Other Devices" in the Device Manager with no driver installed. To resolve this, manually install the correct drivers downloaded from the manufacturer's website. Like what you see here https://games.lol/fate-grand-order/.
    Fate/Grand Order
    Become a Master and command a group of servants in the troubled world of Fate Grand Order to solve mysteries and missions!
  • I successfully installed drivers and verified the telemetry radio connects in Windows 10. The optimal approach is to plug your telemetry radio into your laptop, run Windows Update, and select Optional Updates. The proper Silicon Labs CP210X USB to UART Bridge driver will install.

Open Mission Planner, select the proper COM PORT, select 5760 baud rate, and "connect."
  • We're still developing and focusing on people who would have a positive experience: https://geometry-dash.co
    Geometry Dash
    In the Geometry Dash online game, you must jump through danger in a music-themed action platform game. Improve your skills and flexibility with fast-…
  • Aha!

Installing the chipset drivers did do something, but not what I expected. When I plug the radio into the USB port, I now get a port called "COM4 Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART," which I expected to be the radio. It's not. Instead, it also added *another* com port, in this case something simply labeled "COM6" and that is the radio!
  • There was an issue in Windows 7 when FTDI provided an update to Microsoft for the driver of their chipsets. The update detected whether it was a real or counterfeit. If it was counterfeit the driver would not work and gave an indication to the user that the component in question was fake. Possibly now the Windows 10 driver from FTDI is ignoring parts that it believes are fake and not giving you an indication.

The thing to do might be, determine from the vendor of the USB device being plugged in, who the vendor is on the USB interface chip they have used.

I am not saying the parts you are using are fake, I am just telling you of what has happened in the past.

If it is not truly an FTDi part, you may have to identify and disable a real FTDI driver that me be installed and active, before the driver from the vendor works.

Jim H
  • I've hit the same issue. After failing to find anything on the forums or ardupilot website, I found the chipset manufacturer (CP210x chipset) and downloaded their drivers. Didn't help. :(
  • Same question, Any suggestions to resolve this?
    https://happywheels24.com/
    Happy Wheels
    Happy Wheels free online game, play Happy Wheels full version now! Choose a character, control the vehicle to overcome dangerous obstacles, deadly tr…
This reply was deleted.

Activity