Developer

XBee 900Mhz Telemetry Stopped Working

Hello all,

My telemetry stopped working recently. When I attempt to connect using the Mission Planner at 57600 baud rate, it times out. When I look at the command prompt output it looks like it isn't receiving any packets of data. I used the un-brick tutorial in the ArduCopter wiki for my TX/RX on Mission Planner side but it is still not picking anything up. Is there a similar procedure for the TX/RX that is on the copter?

Thanks,

Adam

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Jan. It is avoiding it of course, but I can't connect to the terminal (i see only rubbish words in terminal through xbee). Another thing: if I upload the test code it is working in one way, but if I change the Xbees it does not work. I am able to compile my firmware... But what section do I have to comment?What is the purpose in doing that? Thanks.

Also I can see that the RSSI Led is working only in one XBEE...

• Adam,

When you first noticed telemetry stopped, did that happen during an ongoing session, or did you experience it during bootup of copter?

I have frequent boot issues where sometimes I have to do multiple restarts of the copter before booting correctly.

I think this only occurs when I have had the XBee link active. At some occations I unplugged the AC side XBee, restarted and it would boot fine. Then reconnect XBee, start AC and the link would be restored. I am not 100% about the relation between boot problems and XBee but there seems to be a correlation. I use APM2 and usually the latest firmware / MP.

• It's more likely that your copter side xbee is the one that's bricked. You'd have to pull it off the serial adapter and switch it with the ground side.

• Developer

I just had an AHA!! moment. It occurred to me that the bottom of the Xbee is just the interface board that the modem sits on top of. Just take your xbee off the interface that connects to the APM and use your USB interface board to re-program the modem from your copter. I am in the process of flashing it right now, but I am pretty confident that this will work.

Thanks,

Adam

This reply was deleted.

Activity