I got it working on my Dell Latitude D830 laptop with Windows 7 Pro 64bit. I'm using X-Plain 9.21rc2, the AruduPilotMega Planner 0.5 by Michael Oborne, ArguPilot Mega with IMU shield and a Spektrum 8 receiver / transmitter.I was not sure how all this fit together but I think I understand it now. Here is how I understand it now.
- The Radio communicates with your receiver.
- Your receiver talks PPM to the APM inputs.
- The APM, with a few special changes in APM_config.h, is told to send X-Plane data
USB port on the IMU shield.
- Using the FTDI serial driver the ArduPilotMega Planner connects to the APM and opens
the network port 49005 on localhost IP (127.0.0.1) for X-Plane to talk to.
- X-Plane, with a few settings, sees the data on the port and acts accordingly.
My transmitter is programmed for a simple four servo plain no mixing.
The switches on my IMU, from left to right are UP, UP, UP Down, when you are facing the switch.
This turns off the IMU mixing.
In the ArduPilotMega Planner, I set my comm port and check the Reverse box for Roll, Pitch and
For a time I could had trouble getting all the controls to register. After checking and rechecking my
connections I got it to work find.