The main feature for this release is something Randy asked me to add: Good on screen joysticks. I had played with screen joysticks before but wasn't really happy with them - I think the solution I've put together is actually quite pleasant for flying. I suspect you could fly a quad easily with them (but be very careful the first time you try using this feature). The reason I like these joysticks:
* They are translucent overlays which appear over the main screen
* They use haptic feedback to provide good 'feel' to the user so you can sense when you cross over the trim line at the middle of an axis.
Ok - back to scripting and mavstation tasks...
Full release notes:
* Add on-screen joysticks (Choose 'show joystick' from menu - when holding tablet in landscape mode)
* Make joysticks appear as a translucent overlay
* Add haptic feedback to let user feel when they cross the zero position on sticks
* Add support for backup service (so prefs will be restored if phone gets replaced)
You'll need to join a special G+ group (the slick new way Google allows users to opt-in for beta test builds). Instructions here.
I am trying to use with rover. I am not able to go in reverse. Is there a solution?
Just wanted to confirm that the autopilot will not arm ("Failure to arm - Bad throttle") if you do not have a RC transmitter and only using the onscreen joysticks?
Is this because as it states on the wiki "have your radio at the ready this is BETA code!"?
Ok, so far the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 works great! On android 4.1.2. Only issue is i cant display overlay joysticks. Is it possible that it's treated like a phone? Can you enable the joysticks on phones? thanks!
thanks all - most feedback addressed in the just released 1.6.02
Fantastic.. Remember been requesting this from you first time you came up with Andropilot... Took a bit of while, eh. Next in line would be the 3 x 3-way toggle switches, 3 x 2-way toggle switches, 2 sliders and Andropilot will be perfect! To booth, drivers for LRS transceivers. Good job.
Hi Kevin. Downloaded 1.6.01 on my Galaxy S3 but I'm not able to activate on-screen joysticks.
In setting menu Show Joystick is always disabled and I can't tick it.
Is it available only for tablets?
Another question...is it available only mode2? Here in Europe many people are using mode3.
btw: If you move your RC sticks, the on screen sticks should show their movement as well. If you press on the screen joystick you will override what the RC is doing.
I'm putting my hex back together so will give this a go when done.