The main feature for this release is something Randy asked me to add: Good on screen joysticks. I had played with screen joysticks before but wasn't really happy with them - I think the solution I've put together is actually quite pleasant for flying. I suspect you could fly a quad easily with them (but be very careful the first time you try using this feature). The reason I like these joysticks:
* They are translucent overlays which appear over the main screen
* They use haptic feedback to provide good 'feel' to the user so you can sense when you cross over the trim line at the middle of an axis.
Ok - back to scripting and mavstation tasks...
Full release notes:
* Add on-screen joysticks (Choose 'show joystick' from menu - when holding tablet in landscape mode)
* Make joysticks appear as a translucent overlay
* Add haptic feedback to let user feel when they cross the zero position on sticks
* Add support for backup service (so prefs will be restored if phone gets replaced)
You'll need to join a special G+ group (the slick new way Google allows users to opt-in for beta test builds). Instructions here.