Developer

Supported devices and connection problems

Let's put this in here so everyone can start to post reports and get their devices working. 

Tested and OK devices:

- Samsung Galaxy Note II (AND_4.1.2) - (19.02.13)

- Samsung Galaxy S3 (AND 4.1.1) - (19.02.13)

- Samsung SIII, (AND 4.1.2) -  (21.02.13)

HTC One X+ (AND 4.1.2) - (21.02.13)

Acer Iconia A500 (Thors ROM) - (28.02.13)

- T-PAD IS709C, (AND 4.0.3) - (03.03.13)

Motorloa Photon XT897 (AND 4.0.4) - (05.03.13)

- Samsung 8" Note (AND 4.1.2) - (25.04.13)

Asus TF300T and TF300TG

Tested but having problems:

- Oker TP-703 tablet (AND_4.1.1) - no link (19.02.13)

So if you have a device that you tested and it is working or not working, please post in here so we can update list, Please include your android OS version too.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer

I'm testing within Samsung S3 tethered to T-Mobile running 4.1.1  with Xbee Pro 900 for TM, works well. Except...

Until today's update I was having problems displaying Parameters list, now only a few messages are missing FLT MODE 3 and FailSafe Short, both show (?)  no data.

I am connecting to an APM 1 (2650) running Ardupilot 2.65 with some changes to mavlink to allow NAV–DOP messages from Ublox for true DGPS fix status and accurate HDOP values. By design/default Ublox libarary only sends PDOP values that we use as HDOP. I also sends text messages to Remzibi OSD or MiniOSD.on port 3  with Telemetry out on Port 1 both at 57600.

• Tested device:

Samsung Galaxy S3 (AND_4.1.1) with RFD900 modem (compatible with 3DR modem):

• Needed to feed modem with external power;
    • Link ok, but some issues occur ( see here );
    Android 4.1.1 - duplicate res id with play services? · Issue #41 · geeksville/arduleader
    Hi Kevin, Amazing project. Now I'm testing it and I've found some issues. First, the hardware used: APM1 with firmware V2.68 (ARDUPLANE) Mode…
  • Developer

Kevin, tested same cable/modem on both devices SG-NoteII and my new Oker TP-703 tablet. NoteII is just fine now with new cable but tablet won't connect now. 

What is best ways to debug if there is something wrong on drivers/hardware etc?

I really wonder why my earlier cable did not work. As it did work with mouse/keyboard just fine. 

This reply was deleted.