APM Pro and APM Planner 2.25

No servo output on S1, S2 for elevons.

Servos work great connected directly to Rx.

APM Planner shows artificial horrizon and compass.  Radio calibration looks OK.

Problem is, no output signal.

Is this a defective flight controller?

Any trouble shooting advice?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Congratulations dear :D

Well, it's fixed now hopefully.

You are welcome, i am happy that it is solved.

Good luck and happy flying :D 

Robert Tilden said:

Solution Found (I Think)

ESC connected to S3 supplies 5 volt power for the servos,  They arn't powered by the power module.

Spectrum Rx

Th C5 +-s, 3 wires

A C1 +-s, 3 wires

E C2 white wire

R C4 black wire

G C3 red wire

Still on the foam board and testing.  Now I've got hope for getting the APM Pro in the air.  Thanks everyone for your help!  One breakthrough came when it was suggested that I check the output voltages.  They were not 5 volts until I connected the ESC.  Next was just matching the Rx wires to the desired response.  

• Solution Found (I Think)

ESC connected to S3 supplies 5 volt power for the servos,  They arn't powered by the power module.

Spectrum Rx

Th C5 +-s, 3 wires

A C1 +-s, 3 wires

E C2 white wire

R C4 black wire

G C3 red wire

Still on the foam board and testing.  Now I've got hope for getting the APM Pro in the air.  Thanks everyone for your help!  One breakthrough came when it was suggested that I check the output voltages.  They were not 5 volts until I connected the ESC.  Next was just matching the Rx wires to the desired response.  

• I see, well then this should work.

As you said, you are testing right now, so i think you are indoor, so maybe something like throttle will not work unless there is GPS lock or something. Just for testing (make sure the propellers are off in case the motors are plugged in), go to the Mission Planner and under the CONFIG/TUNING go to the Standard Parameters, then disable the pre arming check in the Arming _check option.

Are you connecting through a USB ? maybe it is not enough power specially if the servos are high voltage ones (+3v), as i searched most of the ppl who used APM Pro they removed the RED wire of the USB cable and put an external battery with the right voltage.

Check out this video it may help(it is long, but could help for future):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STkRdHC-guI

Plus can you post a picture for the connection please.

Good Luck
    Robert Tilden said:

http://www.thanksbuyer.com/download/38006-APM%20PRO%20V1.0.pdf

Closest information for a user manual.

Pictures worked for most of the setup.

I'm wondering if the APM Planner has inactivated something that prevents the output circuts from operating?

• http://www.thanksbuyer.com/download/38006-APM%20PRO%20V1.0.pdf

Closest information for a user manual.

Pictures worked for most of the setup.

I'm wondering if the APM Planner has inactivated something that prevents the output circuts from operating?

• Okay so this is the mini version, did you get the manual or something on how to connect it?

Because what i mean is that, in the original APM version, the circuit of the output terminal and the RX terminal are separated from each other. but as it came from factory the jumper is already installed so that there will be one board (nothing separated). You can remove the jumper "so that the two terminals are separated" in case you want to use the power module (as i remember).

Maybe your issue is close to this.

Good Luck 

• https://www.banggood.com/Mini-APM-Pro-Flight-Control-with-NEO-7N-GP...

Power supply module and GPS, all part of the kit.

Added 915 mHz radio serial link to Apple computer.

Nobel0 said:

What about the output terminal power and jumper ?

• Motor throttle probably not working.  Don't have motor hooked up.  Got all components on a formboard for testing.

Dennis Okeefe said:

only the elevons are not working?

• What about the output terminal power and jumper ?

• only the elevons are not working?

This reply was deleted.