Spektrum tm1000 telemetry question

I am new to this application and I was aking myself if it would be possible to use the Spektrum TM1000 together with the ArduPilot to transmit the planes data back to me.

I have a Spektrum DX8 transmitter that I want to use to operate a MQ9 Reaper (with 98" span) that I am building now.

My plan was to use the ArduPilot to control the plane and I was looking for a method to get the flight data back to me. An XBee unit could be used but I have also the TM1000 which could do the same. In some way it also works at 2.4GHz without disturbing the normal signal, this could be interesting.

On the website of Spectrum I have noticed that they have now a lot of sensors available.

Does anybody have experiance with this setup?

Hans

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Hans

I am building the same plane and looking to do the same as you with the DX8. The challenge with the DX8 is that the data is sent back to the transmitter. I'm not sure how you would intercept the data to put it onto a bigger screen, say on a laptop. I would be interested to hear if you sort this.

The MQ9 Reaper is not the best plane for this kind of thing as it has high wing loading and you have to fly it like a warbird but it does look good. I always fly with 5 degrees of flap deployed which helps to stop stall in turns. I have redesigned the wings using a MH32 aerofoil and increasing the root and tip cords to reduce the wingloading. Hopefully i will test this wing out sometime in February.

Let me know how you get on.

Ralph

This reply was deleted.