Replies

• Thanks for the suggestion, Mike. I haven't looked at the RV Jet for a while but I will do more research on.

It may be some time before I pull the trigger on a wing but I'll be sure to post the results here.

• Admin

@Crady,

If you do go with the X8, make sure you securely attach (glue) the fuse/wing connectors to their respective mating surfaces as I have seen a wing separate from the X8 fuse when the wing connector sheared away from the mating surface on the wing shoulder.

Regards,

TCIII AVD

• Admin

@Crady,

If you want to stay around 48" inches, try the RMRC Mako Link 

I just finished building one Link 

One owner says he does a discus launch.

Regards,

TCIII AVD

• Ooooooooo that is pretty! But I think I may have to dial back my aspirations to something like 48 inches.  It never occurred to me that I'd need a launcher of some kind - I was hoping to stick with a simple discus toss.

• 100KM

The nice thing about a one-piece FPV wing is component separation without the hassle and potential reliability risk of making and breaking connections with each flying session.  I have seen people stuff 60" wings in compact cars.

You don't need to go to 48" to hand launch.  Plenty of people hand launch the FX-61.  There are countless how-to videos on YT for every type of wing imaginable.  I personally wouldn't attempt hand launching something the size and typical weight of an X8 though.  

• Thanks, Trung.  The FX-61 is beginning to look very attractive. 

• You can use a dolly.
      Goolge it. there are several different.

• Guou!!! I worked a lot in something like Dolly in the past but never find any information about because I didn't know the name; now I google dolly and find a lot :O ; thank's Martin.

• Well.... You only need to ask.
      I dint know the name a time ago but I remember a WWII plane that uses that system. So I google it and find the answer.
      The plane was the Me 163 Komet
      hsgs8504box-lg.jpg?width=700The plane use the dolly to take off and have a skid plat for landings.I believe it was the first opperational rocket plane.

This reply was deleted.