Hi all!

I've just come across the User Group and really like its layout. I'm hoping I can find some help here.

I'm currently working on a project at home and have designed a "drone boat" that will be autonomous and controlled via GPS coordinates. I've built the boat and have the power set up ready and it will run using Ardupilot Mega and Raspberry Pi for various applications. I unfortunately don't have the skills, knowledge or experience to program the software. It's for this reason that I'm looking for someone who could help me out with the programming side of my project. I'd be happy to "hire" your time, credit you on my project or even bring you in as a partner on the project.

I'm based in the UK so ideally would like to find someone in the UK but am open to anyone with the relevant experience.

If anyone can help, please get in touch via a reply here or a private message as I am desperate to find an awesome programmer who is passionate about drones!

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon,

Chris

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• hi chris,
    excuse my late answer.
    no, not in the business.
    but i have 2 drones
    1) yunnec phatom g with a gopro cam.
    2) DIY-Drone: drone-body from tarot, flightcontroller and all the stuff from parallax
    but in switzerland we have strong laws and i'm to old

now i have all parts engines, parallax-sensors, some arduino-dues
    and in the moment working on the software....
    i hope that i can begin working my boat
    regards nomad
    http://answer.no/
  • All the new firmware is supported by Pixhawk.  Runs four times as fast as APM and has a lot more memory. Redundant IMU's etc.  Do some research on Ardupilot.org.

Chris Rodriguez said:

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply. Can I ask why you think Pixhawk might be a better choice? I always value opinions and alternative recommendations.

Cheers,

Chris

David Boulanger said:

What are you looking to do with it?  Pixhawk may be a better choice

David

ArduPilot Open Source Autopilot
    The most advanced open source autopilot for use by both professionals and hobbyist. Supports multi-copters, planes, rovers, boats, helicopters, ante…
  • Hi Stephan,

Thanks for the suggestion. Are you currently involved in drone tech?

Thnks,

Chris

stephan morf said:

hi

i am new here.

my name is stephan, fromswitzerland.

have a look at parallax.inc (uk or usa) have flightcontroller , i think about us$ 60.-- (look there for ELEV-8-V3)

its verry simple to work with this (you can , if you want buy ESC, brushless engings,  all things ...)

stephan

• hi

i am new here.

my name is stephan, fromswitzerland.

have a look at parallax.inc (uk or usa) have flightcontroller , i think about us$ 60.-- (look there for ELEV-8-V3)

its verry simple to work with this (you can , if you want buy ESC, brushless engings,  all things ...)

stephan

• Hi Craig,

Thanks very much for that list! I will indeed check it out!

Chris

Craig Elder said:

• Hi David,

Thanks for your reply. Can I ask why you think Pixhawk might be a better choice? I always value opinions and alternative recommendations.

Cheers,

Chris

David Boulanger said:

What are you looking to do with it?  Pixhawk may be a better choice

David

• Developer

Please checkl http://ardupilot.org/ardupilot/docs/common-commercial-support.html 

Commercial Support — ArduPilot documentation
  • What are you looking to do with it?  Pixhawk may be a better choice

David

This reply was deleted.