need help with y6

I am sorta new to this whole drone thing. I have a y6 with a apm 2.6 it was a RTF kit from 3dr and i am having problems with it completely stoping my motors and it dropping out of the sky. I do have a tarot 2d gimbal and i have attached to that an older 2.4 mhz radio so i can control my gimbal from a second controller. Before you ask i have tried for way to many hours to get that gimbal to be controlled off my apm but it will not work for some unknown reason.

Is there a reason a 2.4 mhz radio would take my y6 out of the sky? it works most of the time but then it has dropped out of sky twice now. 

Thanks for any info. 

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• It is a 2.4 GHZ its a fr sky d4r II. When i open my radio calibrator in mission planner the old 2.4 mhz does not so any values over the primary 2.4 ghz. so its confusing

• Do some ground testing, using 2x2.4ghz transmitters is probably your issue. Does it fly fine without that gimbal transmitter/receiver powered on? Did it fly fine before you installed the extra gear?

Take the props off, and test a mission using both transmitters, if something happens you know your culprit.

This reply was deleted.