Y6 2014 RTF - Range issues

I have searched for this topic and not seen it discussed.  I am having range issues with my 2014 Y6 (pixhawk version) at distances as short as 50 meters during operation.  I have the FR Sky tx with the DJT module and the D4R-II rx.  When I keep the antennae in the configuration as shipped from the factory I would get a successful range test to suggest that I should be able to achieve 1km range.  However when I am flying I start getting low signal warnings as early as 50 meters and the second warning within another 5 meters beyond that.  They run the antenna very close to the pixhawk and the mavlink. When I play with antennae configurations I get erratic results during the subsequent range tests.  What configuration has worked for others with the RTF Y6?  Am I possibly dealing with a bad tx or rx?

Thanks for your help!

Kevin

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I found that the jxt module can have a bad connection to the antenna, had on go bad and the vendor said they never heard it before...

I use a XJT with a X8R and FrSky high gain patch on my reciver... I never have my rssi drop more than 10% although my scale is messed as max seems to be 48% and the lower I can make it go is 36% at roughly 1000 meters... Soni think it is 72% but either way, either the Rx or TX has issues... I would suspect the TX as I had one of those go bad but not a frsky Rx

Hope that helps

This reply was deleted.