Replies

• A really cool MP feature would be the ability for route planning to include terrain conflicts (if not using "verify") and climb/descent rates. This would prevent or warn you from setting waypoints that were inside mountains, or were not reachable with the maximum climb/descent rates programmed into the APM.

It wouldn't stop you flying into trees, pylons or houses though...:-)

• Old thread I know...

But yes....there should be a way to get warned that the aircraft will not have the climb/descent performance, or better yet to essentially guarantee that the aircraft will reach the waypoint altitude before moving on to the next, to ensure altitude clearances above terrain, etc.

--

Bill

• Thank you all so much!! you were all very helpfull!! without you i probily would crashed 950 m under the top ;-))) You all saved my money!! Thank you again!!! :-)))

• In Mission Planner, you first click the Set Home Alt link.

This will correctly set your Home altitiude.

3692831644?profile=original

Then , make sure VERIFY HEIGHT is clicked, this will automatically insert new waypoints at the DEFAULT HEIGHT above the place where you clicked. (not 100% accurate, so check it)

3692831824?profile=original

If Absolute Alt is clicked, then all heights are ASL, not AGL.

Once you have set your waypoints, you can check if everything is looking right by  :

On the map area, Right Click, Map tool, Elevation Graph.

3692831835?profile=originalAs long as the Red line (your waypoints) and the Green (Terrain) line dont touch, you are fine. As you can see my "mission" is doomed from the start.

Important : If VERIFY HEIGHT and ABSOLUTE HEIGHT is not clicked : (your choice)

If your home alt is 200m , and the mountain is 1000m, and you want to pass 50 m over the mountain.

1. 200m Home is ASL

2. The mountain can either be 1000m high, or the peak is 1000m ASL. Be sure which is which.

3. In this case 200m Home will be "ground Zero", so the mountain peak at 1000m ASL is 800m above you, so the waypoint there will be 850m.

4. Be sure to double check in Elevation Graph.

More explanations are here in the manual.

Hope that helps.

Wessie

• 50 - it's altitude from launch point.

Quoting http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/planning-a-mission-with-waypoints-...:

"Altitude is relative to your launch altitude, so if you set 100m, for example, it will fly 100m above you."

This reply was deleted.