Apm 2.5 F450 frame issues

Hi All,

first post so be gentle with me. I have the apm 2.5 in the 3dr case on a genuine F450 frame with dji opto esc and dji 920kv motors. Now I have been learning the art of tuning and in stabilise mode in calm conditions it flies hands off, really stable. Now if I try alt hold or loiter the motors seem to be pulsing and the height is not constant it goes up and up then down then up and loiter is the same. Now this board came off my old h-quad and it flew nice so I cant figure out what has gone wrong.

I have erased the board and loaded v3 software done all the calibration, erased the board again and put v2.9.1 but it is still the same. I have been trying for 2 months to get this quad stable in alt hold and loiter so I really need some help. I know the quad is heavy as I hover at 60% throttle.

I have attached a file which shows my vibration and I THINK its ok but coulds someone please cast their eyes as I am ready to give up. Got another board in my skywalker and it flies ok.

2013-09-22%2016-00%2013.log

Regards

John

2013-09-22 16-00 13.log

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Have you checked your vibration levels?  I, and a few others on this board, have encountered issues like you describe when vibration gets too high.  

For example, my hexa was loitering fine with carbon props that were well balanced.  As a test I switched to some APC slowflyers (balanced, but probably not very well) and the bird was behaving like you describe, not maintaining altitude, motors pulsing.  Went back to the carbon props, and problem disappeared. (My APM is mounted with just a single layer of double-sided tape, so there is no insulation against excessive frame vibration levels).

The flexibility of the plastic props versus the carbon might have had an effect as well.

Rob

• Just an update, found this youtube video, this is what my f450 quad is alt hold and loitering like.http://youtu.be/5ebvZ1bAcqM

This reply was deleted.