Hello Everyone,

I just recently purchased the APM 2.6 Set and want to use my Spektrum DX7 Radio and an AR6200 Receiver. I will be using the two on a Quadcopter with Arducopter and I was wondering if there was anyone with experience using this setup or a setup like it that could help me get mine connected and running?

I have read on the Wiki the part about using a PPM jumper on the Signal Jacks of Channels 2 and 3 of the APM and using a regular 3 Lead Connector to the Receiver via Channel 1 on the APM and Channel 1 on the Receiver. Is that all I need to do in order to use that receiver or is there something I'm missing? Any help and information would be greatly appreciated.

Peter

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer
    You will need one of these https://store.3drobotics.com/products/ppm-encoder to create a ppm stream. But that said there is a ppm encoder built onto the APM2.6. Just connect each PWM output on your receiver to the channel in on the APM2.6
    • I'm not quite sure I completely understand what you are saying. The AR6200 Receiver is a PPM receiver as far as I understand it. With a PPM Encoder built into the APM 2.6, why would I need the item you linked to in the store?

• Hi Peter

I have the DX8 and using the AR8000 on my quadcopter. I also have the AR6200 on another model synced to the DX8. Without the external PPM encored you will need to connect each channel of the RX to the corresponding channel on the APM. This is the only way I have been able to get it working without the PPM encoder. 

Also make sure what of ESC's your using. The Opto ESC does not have the BEC built in so if you are using those you will need a U-BEC to power the radio and the APM. Hope it helps.

• Thank you Johann and Bill. The help is greatly appreciated!

So to use the AR6200 with the APM 2.6, I just need to add a 3 wire servo lead from each of the receiver channels to the corresponding channels of the APM and the built in encoder will handle the rest?

• Correct yes

You don't need to you a three lead servo cable but that depends on your ESC.

This reply was deleted.