Hi

I am a newbie and have been building a new quad (my 2nd). I moved the APM 2.5 from a Talon to the new quad.

It was working fine on the Talon and flew fine (ver 2.91b). I want to check the new quad in 2.91b to see if all is ok with basic (stabilised) flight before going up to 3.01.

Now when I power the board, either from usb or lipo/esc, the green GPS led comes on ok (both on the board and GPS module) and when I connect to MP via the usb cable, data is transferred (can see the orange com led's flashing), the parameters load up fine. But no activity at all on the red/blue led's.

When I go to CLI I get the following: Obviously a compass initialisation issue of some kind?

What does "no dataflash insetred.." mean?

I have searched the wiki for the error and found nothing - looked through the forum (it is long!!) for similar issue and nothing so far - I would be most grateful if anyone offers any help or advice on how to return the APM back to it's normal operation.

Thank you

K

3691041863?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Keyvan,

I have faced a lot of difficulties in the early stages, I learnt from it and became more aware of how things work with UAV's. It is DIY - meaning Do IT Yourself, however, it is no more of that, as they have done 80% of the things for you already. The software is there, hardware is there. A kid can do the mechanical construction (no offense here). But I understand when it comes to debugging certain magical aspects, there are over a hundred-thousand lines of code to have made APM so beautiful and Mission Planner adds to its beauty!

I have  been in software industry for over 5 years now, so it was a bit faster for me. I will PM you my email ID, and possibly try my bit to help you out with the issue over there.

PS: Btw, I am in no way related to DIY and am someone like you :)

• found it - many thanks - will test.

K

• I had this similar issue on an APM 2.5 that I recently sent in for RMA service to 3DR. I ended up getting a replacement (Pending Shipping). I could not get it working.The fact that it says no data flash inserted is very ominous as it has it's data flash built onto the board.

This reply was deleted.