Hi all,

Yes, as the title says, Can I use "latest" mission planner that comes with 2.9.1b and load my 2560 Hexa+ with FW?

Or.. is 2.8.x the latest working for 2560 equipped quad/hexas? Some posts indicates 2.8.x is the best bet... but...

If 2.8.x is the version I must use, HOW do I implement it into newer version of mission planner?

I know there is a "pick previous FW" tab but it's "encrypted" to say the least!

It's just a long long string of hex meaning abso-f*****-lutely nothing to me as a noob user.

Also, I used to fly it without GPS until I learned enough, is that still possible?

(I still crash a little now and then, no need to bring up more than neccessary in the air)

I posted roughly the same question at the new copter.ardupilot.com getting no answers in days.

As a person who "invested" in this 2 years ago I say it kind of stings, getting no f------g help nowadays, since I helped financially build the future and now getting SQUAT for it.

I hope this forum is more alive and got some straight answers.

There is so much "new stuff" there is APM2, APM2.5+, PX4, 3DR, sites move, new store and so it's a bit overwhelming for a dude coming back from a 18 month hiatus.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Awesome guys, simple straight answers -boom! -boom! Why didn't that happen on ardupilot.com?!

Yeah, everything moves forward in electronic precision and codeing, I've seen the many awesome contributions from the both of you, latest performance is amazing in comparison to what went up 18 months ago.

Hehe, I tried changing the "previous FW" but... WTF! it still says 2.9.1b, where the HECK does the numbers change?!

...just to be sure I tried once more... and happen to chose a FW version a little further down and  "aaaaah... ok, now I see..."

Thanks guys... and when I've crashed the heck out of APM1 I'll upgrade ofcoz to APM3.. or are we all running PX4(5?) by that time? =o)

• 3D Robotics

As Randy says, you can use the current firmware. But to answer your other question, when you select old firmware (by the Git hash number) it changes the version numbers under the icons. That's the way to tell what human-readable version it is. 

• Developer

AC3.0.1-rc1 is the latest working version for quads and hexas but that's not officially released.  If you want to give it a go there's a discussion in the top Content that'll give you the details on how to upload and use it.

..the safer approach is to use the official release which is 2.9.1b.  That should still work on the APM1 and mediatek but performance in altitude hold, loiter and missions will be a far cry from what you'll see with a ublox equipped APM2.5 (or PX4).

This reply was deleted.