Replies

• Hi All,

I have started a discussion devoted to tablet only control of copters on the Developer discussion site and predictably it's kind of like kicking a hornets nest.

A lot for and a few not so much.

But the bottom line is there are a lot more tablets than RC systems out there and a whole lot of people who can use a tablet a lot better than an RC system.

And with the tablet you get a built in telemetric ground station.

The hand writing is on the wall, the RC system isn't dead, but most of the future belongs to the tablets, for hobbyist and small copter use anyway.

Sure tablets have problems and trying to emulate the transmitter flight control sticks leaves a LOT to be desired, but the bottom line is demonstrated by Mark and Marco's video.

The tablet can do a spectacular job of serving as the primary interface, especially if you are willing to fly within the modes where it works best. Acro not so much.

Probably little thumb button and even control stick add-ons can (and will) be made for the tablets, but from my view, tablets really needed them built in anyway (at least a pair of little Playstation Vita type thumb sticks or haptic pads like the Steam controller.)

In any case, great job guys, I think you are showing where the future is headed.

Best Regards,

Gary

• Excellent demo.

• How are you connected?  Bluetooth (as I don't see any antenna)?  What kind of range do you get with BT?  Which Asus model is that?  I will be using my Asus TF700 so very interested in how you did this...but my copter will be Pixhawk.  Should be getting it tomorrow.  Very excited.  I'm hoping it handles as well as yours.

Rob

• Very nice indeed!

• I agree, it sure would be nice if we had one button take off like some competitor controller products have.

But for now cant you take off with the virtual joysticks and not use the Tx at all?

I also was wondering what BT adapter you use,  I always worried that BT would not go far enough so I use the 3DR Radio

• Very nice Marco

This reply was deleted.