i am trying to build the hardware itself .... as of now i have a i2c based mpu9150 only... i'm planning on buying the other sensors soon and maybe make a sensor sheild !! i have tried uploading the firmware from the mission planner to the arduino mega2560 and i succeeded also but then i cannot connect to the mav link and i get an error saying "no heartbeat packets received"

I don't know what is wrong ... can some one help me ??

3691128236?profile=original

Untitled.png

1.png

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I know this thread is long dead, but I wanted to add the ardupilot added drivers for the mpu-6050 sensor

https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/commit/8a76ff53bd4497db96f01...

AP_InertialSensor: add i2c bus driver for MPU6050 · ArduPilot/ardupilot@8a76ff5
    ArduPlane, ArduCopter, ArduRover source. Contribute to ArduPilot/ardupilot development by creating an account on GitHub.
  • But how much possible is it for someone who is good at the Arduino programming, to make changes to the arducopter firmware in order for it to work with the MPU 6050 itself or make a change in the code such that we can specify the sensors we are going to use in our custom built hardware ??

OR  has someone to taken a shot at customising the code for use in someother hardware or maybe our own custom built hardware ??

if no one has done that is that possible ?  

• Developer

System won't reboot because you don't have any of the correct sensors connected and firmware expects to find correct IMU, Compass, Baro sensors. MPU9150 is not supported by any of the APM firmwares nor it's libraries. Even MPU6050 is not supported, only MPU6000 is supported as IMU sensor. 

• Thanks for the reply .. :)

but is it possible for me to modify the code in the special version of arduino IDE which is used for uploading the firmware to make changes to make it accept the MPU6050 as a sensor ??

because i also have MPU6050 and what compass, Gps and baro do i need to buy ??

Can you please see if there is any possible way to accomplish that ??

• According to the APM 2.6 Specsheet, looks like you will need:

Barometric Presure Sensor - MS5611-01BA03

GPS - Ublox NEO-6M GPS+ HMC5883L Compass module

Accelerometer/Gyro - MPU-6000

I don't think it's wise fiddling around in the firmware code unless you really know what your are doing ... 

These things have 4 - 8 very high speed rotors that can cause serious damage if they go out of control ... I'll suggest sticking to the supported hardware and leave the firmware to the dev team that has the means of testing changes they make in a controlled environment.

Best of luck with your build .... keep us posted ...  

• Thank you for your response Johann :)

I will try sticking to the hardware !!

but it is difficult to locate sellers for the MPU6000 and the barometric pressure sensor !

If by any chance you come across vendors for the above 2 sensors please do let me know :D

Thanks in advance :)

This reply was deleted.