Can someone look at my F450 quad build?

Hi All,

I'm finishing build of my first quad. Can someone take a minute to look what i did? Any advice will be greate about electronic placement etc. The ESC signal wires are temporary not in place just attached to spin up the motors. Reciver AR6210 with sattelite is in good place? Power module is my pain as i don't know where to put it, so is on the side of the quad for now... 

Also when i ARM the copter the motors not spin slowly by itself (i use newest firmware AC3.1.2) but when i push a throttle for a little up and go down the motors spin slowly and then one of them stop... Is that normal? I use Spectrum dx6i TX. please for any help...

Ps. I fly helicopters for 4 years (600 and 450) so not so noob in RC.

DSCN8938.JPG

DSCN8932.JPG

DSCN8934.JPG

DSCN8935.JPG

DSCN8937.JPG

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Also when i ARM the copter the motors not spin slowly by itself (i use newest firmware AC3.1.2) but when i push a throttle for a little up and go down the motors spin slowly and then one of them stop... Is that normal?

I had this issue once myself. Then I discovered I missed a step: "ESC Calibration "All-at-once" method".  Give this a try if you haven't already.

Link: http://youtu.be/gYoknRObfOg

• Hi, i use genuine DJI ESC Opto 30A. On the google ppl said that they are not for calibration as they calibrated from factory, also arducopter manual said that... Are You sure i can calibrate them? Here what they said (on arducopter manual site): 

• (Do Not Attempt to Calibrate the DJI Opto ESCs and Do Not install the propellers until directed to do so).
    • You are correct, DJI's never need calibrating.

I had the same issue as you with the motor spin not spinning up at Arm so I had to set MOT_SPIN_ARMED in Advanced to 130 then lower to where I liked it, about 90.  Here is my thread on the motor spin fix.

http://diydrones.com/group/arducopterusergroup/forum/topics/motors-...

Sometimes one of mine would start late too, but that never seemed to be an issue with flight on the DJI ESCs, not so with other ESC's, I think they calibrate on the fly or something so maybe it wont be an issue?  Just take off slow and carefully the first time, ready to land fast.  If it wobbles like mad its most likely a bad ESC otherwise I think its going to be okay with DJI.  If it flips right away its probably a motor or prop going the wrong way.

Ed,

• Hi Edgar Scott,

Will try with MOT_SPIN_ARMED in Advanced to 130

One of the motor (the one that stops after a few seconds while others running) have stronger magnets (i can feel it if move him with a finger), also with more throttle i feel some bad vibration... I think is something wrong with him, its new but maybe some bad QA. I have checked the proper motors direction so hoply it will not flip :) I will made a first flight and will try to sse in logs for vibrations.

• but throttle up it does not stop after a few seconds right?

If not try 130 or maybe even better 90-100.

• To confirm, I use DJI Opto ESCs and they are factory calibrated.  Also, I haven't had any problem/s using them either.  

• Will it fit on the inside so you can out the battery on top?  I put my f550 inside and it worked great.  

I have heard direct sunlight can mess up the barometer..

• I also think about that but wires from apm to gps/compass are to short... But mounting the battery inside (lower deck) is hard not mantion to remove it.... I'm worry also about vibration made by wires outside because of wind... Will not be easy now to move it on lower deck... heh... 

This reply was deleted.