drop height

Hi,
I need some help!
When i put my quad in a circle of radius 0, they turn around , but fall suddenly 4 meters approx, stop turn, recovery height and continue turn.
There are any parameter to correct this drop?
Thanks.

Pd. sorry for my english!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer

Martin,

If you can post a dataflash log we can have a look.

• Randy,

Here it is 

2015-09-21 16-12-56.log

• Developer

Martin,

I suspect it's caused by a barometer disturbance.  Perhaps a strong wind is blowing from a certain direction and upsetting the barometer when the vehicle is facing a particular direction.  Another possibility is light is hitting the barometer if the flight controller is not in a case.  Maybe there's no foam over the barometer?

The RCOU (motor outputs) are missing from the logging so it's hard to know if it's a motor imbalance which is another possibility although less likely.

• Dear Randy,
      Thank you very much for your recommendations.
      I have a quad (3d robotics modified) i changed motors, and arms (here in argentina if very difficult to buy spare parts). I made the arms in the same mode that 3d robotics (equal dimensions) but the aluminium is heaviest than original.
      I put a pixhawk nude, and i connected it with a own pcb for take some photos and administer other params.
      I put a foam like a foam of original pixhawk box.
      in previous messages i asked about the vehicle yaw behavior.
      I attach three logs with that behavior. 
      I saw that the orange line (desired yaw) was indicate a heading, and the red line (vehicle) indicated other heading, coincident with the flight.
      The question is what can i do for correct that behavior?

Thanks
      Martin

2015-09-28 16-19-21.log

2015-09-28 16-35-18.log

2015-09-28 16-29-08.log

• Developer

Martin,

Sorry for the slow response.  I'm afraid I can't  open these logs files.  Can you please download the .bin file using the mission planner's DataFlash Logs tab on the Flight Data screen?

Alternatively maybe you could try updating to Copter-3.3 now that it's been released.  It has better vibration monitoring which is another possible cause.

This reply was deleted.