"Dynamic RTL" would be automatically returning to my current gps location instead of the original launch point.

I have clients that want me to shoot stills and video of yachts, out in the ocean. I'm doing one tomorrow. I'll be on the yacht and we'll be moving. If I get into trouble (like losing my video feed, or some other issue), I'd like to be able to use RTL on my Nexus tablet running Tower. I figure it would have to be Tower because my radio doesn't have gps.

Can this be done? I can't find any documentation for this feature. I've already used Tower in follow mode so it doesn't seem like a stretch to just have my quad return to my current location.

I haven't seen it (I don't own any DJI products) but apparently, the DJI Inspire has this feature.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer

Copter-3.3 allows the ground station to set the home position.  So if the GCS (like Tower or whatever) keeps resetting it say every 5 seconds then it would RTL very close to the boat.  I've raised an issue for the Tower guys here.

implement return to me · Issue #1397 · DroidPlanner/Tower
    AC 3.3 will accept do-set-home commands which should allow return-to-me to work if the GCS sends updated home positions at regular intervals. It shou…
    • Looks like I'll be upgrading from APM to Pixhawk soon! =)

• I'm in the same situation as you are and can't find anything. Maybe developers could integrate it on the next update.

Its coming, to allow folks to land on moving boats

This reply was deleted.