FlyMaple and ArduCopter

Hi guys,

I'm currently working on a project which will use ArduCopter in a FlyMaple control board. I have some questions about this kind of combination and it would be great if there are someone familiar with them and have a little discussion with me about them.

I can share my knowledge so far with FlyMaple and ArduCopter in case somebody need it.

Anyway, good luck on your drones guys. Fly safe.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer

Welcome.  The flymaple is a slightly underpowered board so I'd actually recommend the NAVIO+ board instead but it's completely your choice.

I see there are some items on the to-do list about compile problems with flymaple but it generally should work and if you hit problems we can try and help you resolve them.  If you're a software guy feel free to join the ardupilot gitter channel for live chat.

• Thank you for your reply,

It is true that FlyMaple is a bit underpowered, as you said, however, so far so good with it and I think I will keep playing around with it. Anyway, I haven't tested the whole system in real fly, I hope that I can do that in one or two day. However, the strange thing is that when I send the PWM signal from the board to the ESC, it seems like ArduCopter recalculate my value. In fact, I tried to send 1000 and the output value is 3130.... I checked the calculation step in AP_HAL_FLYMAPLE and everything works the way it should be. However, it is strange....Do you have any idea about this ?

This reply was deleted.