MR60

How to assign a receiver channel as a pass-thru Pixhawk ?

Hi,

I would like to configure two radio channel of my receiver to pass-through Pixhawk on its RC aux channels (that is the RC9 to RC14 aux PWM outputs).

I found in mission planner the RCx_FUNCTION parameter which allows to define that RCx will be used as a pass-through output. But the question is how do you allocate which receiver channel will be passed through it ?

Thx

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• MR60

What's that DTF from frsky?

• Developer

Hugues,

I'm afraid that's not supported in ArduCopter although it's on the to-do list.  I might be possible to use the camera gimbal and set the tilt drop-down to the output channel you want to use.  Then make sure Stabilize is unchecked and then set the Input Ch drop-down to the channel from the radio that you plan to send your inputs through.  No sure but might work.

• Randy, let me first say thanks for the huge amount of work the devs and especially you put into this. I am in no position to try to influence the priorities on the "to-do-list". 

But this feature - a simple, straight, no hacks , no crutches passthru of RC-Channel x to AUX-out Pin x is probably the most wanted by the Arducopter users. Everyone wants to control servos for auxiliary functions like landing gear, pan/tilt of brushless gimbals etc. etc.  (By the way, servo controlled gimbals are pretty much extinct now, might as well dump that code to make room for something else on the APM)

Heck, you guys are close to reading channels 9 to 16 on the SBus - might as well let us do something with these ;-)

• I'm having the same issue. All I want to do is to have ch7 on the tx trigger a payload release through RC9 on the Pixhawk. Does anyone have any other possible hacks to get this to work? The camera method isn't working for me. I built my quad specifically for a payload delivery mission so if I can't get this work, well, that would be unfortunate...

• Perhaps you could install a second Rx dedicated to controlling aux. functions like this directly...

• MR60

Do you have screenshots of your camera gimbal screen , your extended tuning screen? And eventually also a schematics of your wiring?

• MR60

Thx. I ave tried this with the camera trigger for ch7. It works but I notice a strong lag versus plugging directly into the receiver.

This reply was deleted.