Lost my 3DR Radio USB-915 Mhz "Ground" module

Lost my 3DR Radio USB-915 Mhz "Ground" module.  I'm ordering a new one, I am pretty sure it wont automatically bind/connect to the air module currently on my hex.

Because I am not sure if it comes with directions, I just want to know Is there anything I need to do to make it connect or that I should read ahead of time?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I should probably change my netid once I get the new one for security
  • Great for me thanks that helps, but this makes me think anyone could take control of my craft in flight.
  • I lost my air module a long time ago (it flew away, but that's another story).  Bought a new one from 3DR and it paired up just fine when I powered it up, this assumes you have not changed any radio settings from stock configuration.  I think the Net ID is the most important one to have set the same, you can do this in Mission Planner under radio config once your new ground radio arrives. There is info in the manual on this under optional hardware.

• Hi Edgar,

I think once you get it you can simply plug and play the 3DR with no change in settings. I have ordered it multiple times, and every 3DR telemetry module can listen to the other 3DR module, as long as they have the same system ID (which they currently have).

I have 433MHz (EU), so should be same as the US one (915MHz)

Regards,

Shyam

This reply was deleted.