Motors not spinning when armed and Bad GPS Pos

APM 2.6 UBlox - Firmware v3.1

b) Motors spin when armed

This does not happen for me but its set to 70 and no spin at all

Should I bump it up?

3691091349?profile=original

e) more pre-arm checks

I get this error all the time since 3.1, even out in the field I fly all the time far from everything.

Eventually it gets around to GPS HDOP less than 2.0 where I can arm but it can take 5 minutes or more...just started with 3.1

3691091605?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer

The Bad GPS Position could be caused by:

1. the hdop being above 2.0

2. the gps position moving around too much which triggers the GPS Glitch Detection.

I think that sometimes a GPS can take a long time to lock if it's onboard battery has died meaning that it is forced to do a "cold start" each time it's rebooted.  Basically in these cases it needs to start from scratch when figuring out where it is instead of being able to assume that it's probably quite close to it's previous flight's position.

On the positive side, catching a bad GPS position on the ground is a lot better than catching it in the air!

• My motors spin up, in fact it caught me by suprise cause it didnt do that with theold version.  Guess I should read a change log somewhere?

I get the same PreArm message and have no idea why this has become an issue.

• Developer

Set "MOT_SPIN_ARMED" to 130 and try again.

This reply was deleted.