Motors not spinning at low throttle

Hi, guys

I am having this problem when building my quadcopter. Three motors don't spin until throttle reaches 16% of full throttle. Only one of them is working fine. But once they are all spinning, it seems they are at the same speed.

The motors I use are Turnigy D2836/8 1100kv. The esc are Turnigy Multistar 30A Slim V2 ESC. I am using a 3s lipo battery and a arduino mega adk to control the motors.

It is very weird and I didn't see similar problems posted. Do you guys know how I can fix it?

Thanks

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• BTW- forgot to add that even with calibrating the ESCs the motors don't always spin up at the same speed, OpenPilot for the CC3D flight controller even has a calibration routine for adjusting this during board setup for instance. So that the motors don't all engage at the same speed isn't really a problem if they spin at the same speed at any given throttle position after they've spun up.

But that makes it all the more important to calibrate the ESCs per the transmitter's range of throttle control since this is how the flight controller is calibrated, against the transmitter. So the ESCs need to know the range of low throttle to high throttle that it's going to be sent if they are to properly run the motors in unison to keep the aircraft flying.

This reply was deleted.