Now this is Kool!

It's a bird! It's a Plane..... It's....Stingray???????

Somebody tell the heli  guys they can take the shape of a quadcopter!!!

freggin' genius!!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I am surprised you guy have not heard of this its been around for awhile Curtis Youngblood is the guy on this and its a fantastic 3D quad.  No other quad can match its 3D ability.  And the price is right. I am ordering one to show off to these 3D foam guys with there planes at the park :-)

• Awesome.  Now put a gas engine on that puppy and fly FPV all day...

• Developer

It would be nice to add support for it in ArduCopter.  It would involve writing a new AP_Motors library to support it.  If someone actually owns one of these and would like some advice on how to implement it either Rob Lefebvre or I could help you out.

Alternatively if the producers of the frame wanted to sponsor the development in arducopter they could send a couple of frames to a developer or we could have a little raffle where the producers give away the frames to 2 or 3 people who want to take on the challenge of doing the development.  I say 2 or 3 people just to increase the odds that at least one person will be successful.

• Curtis Youngblood's collective pitch quad is really cool but it has been available since July and we have had it featured here before too.

• This experimental concept is also cool. We are moving into a new realm... get ready ArduCopter! More accuracy, more cpu, more memory, new power systems/ longer battery life and heavier lift capabilties. Who knows what is possible. I believe 2014 will be the year of the ~multi~copter~  [drone or whatever it will be called] and in the next few years what we are using now will look like the Model-T Ford!  New Innovation! This is exciting stuff for sure and it is just getting started.

• I like it,pity mine would be smashed to bits if I tried some of those manoeuvre`s :)

• It's variable pitch quad. So, pretty much inverted flight like a regular heli.
  • Inefficient though..

says 3.5 minutes to max 7-8 minutes with FPV.. with 3200mAH, 3S

• Wait, hold!

How does it (the quad) go upside down? I saw it, but don't get the physics behind it ;)

This reply was deleted.