ArduRover/Boat programmer needed

Hello,

I am looking for a programmer to add a feature to ArduRover or Arduboat and to refine it as my project is developed. The equipment to be used is Pixhawk with 3DR GPS/Compass module. The software is Missionplanner with the appropriate firmware. I am mostly interested in adding a specific feature that is controlled by the radio (activated by a radio switch).

If anyone is interested, please contact me so we can discuss the project in greater detail, discuss costs, and a tentative timetable.

Thank you

Sportjet

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Admin

@Sportjet,

Our resident ArduRover/Boat Developer is Grant Morphett. He is spread pretty thin as I believe that he also has a day job.

Regards,

TCIII AVD

• Thanks Thomas.

Yes, I know. I have been trying to contact him for the last few weeks with no luck. I'll keep trying, but if I get no response I need to find some other option.

Sportjet

• Hi,

are you sure new features can be embedded into DIYDrones software, firmware ?

Multi-level high-tech software + hardware projects are closed to third party developers be default if API in support of new features is not offered.

I am not aware of any group devoted to thid party feature development.

With Hue Project by Philips I know exactly what features are supported and know API to control Hue lights, so I can write shell scripts to control Hue lamps.

Not the case with Ardu projects.

If I am wrong, pls correct me.

• Developer

Hi everyone - I am here :-)  I have just been caught up.

Darius, ArduPilot is open source.  This means anyone can contribute any code that supports any functionality anytime they like.  A few of us have permissions to make changes to the main "master" code and thus making it into the main released versions of ArduPilot.  If someone makes a coding change, they submit a Pull Request with the code change, we review and if its all good we put it in.  We love to have contributions from other developers rather then just have a few of us write all the code.  dev.ardupilot.com has a bunch of info.

Thanks, Grant

This reply was deleted.