ArduRover without steering servo

Hi, I would like to build a rover without a steering servo but rather with 2 motors (left+right) for the steering, just like a tracked vehicle.

Is there an ArduRover firmware that supports that kind of setup.

If not, can someone tell me where in the ArduRover code I have to make the necessary changes.

Thx

Cheers

Alain

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Alain--

A few of us are attempting to do the same thing with boats that have 2 screws.  I've gone into the C++ code in several files, found references to elevators and changed them to copies of the throttle code.  But I'm not a programmer and can't find all the changes that need to be made.  And when I try to compile the changed code, I just get a load of errors.

If you are successful, please let me know.  I've about given up and am looking at driving the boat with just one screw.

Good luck!

Doug

• Admin

@Alain,

I just tested a 6WD skid steering rover with my APM1.4/Oilpan. The manual mode works fine. I have not tested the autonomous mode yet. I am using the APM throttle and steering PWM signals to control a Dimension Engineering Sabetooth dual motor controller. I have the controller operating in the R/C mode so the throttle input controls forward/backward motion and the steering controls the right/left skid steering. If you are using separate motor controllers for each motor then that complicates the steering process. You might want to investigate the APM elevon output mode to accomplish what you wish to do.

Regards,

TCIII

This reply was deleted.