First build: need help

Hi allI'm making a test rover too before moving it to something faster, but I'm problems.I'm using:4 c futaba controllerDuel sabertooth brush controller2x brush motorAPM 2.6 complete systemProblems:when I setup everything and is link directly [usb cable ] all works fine; however when I disconnect and move the servo in camera base the receiver start to turn red and green all the sudden and the controls just go from 0 to maxso, any ideas have someone had this problem.ps. Sorry for some of the bad grammar the phone auto correct is annoy me with suggestions.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Well power connection.

I got a 12v 3300amh battery onto the sabertooth[brush esc] and you can see in mi picture a small pack of 4AA battery connected to a servo BEC connected directly to the receiver.[ and the receiver is connected to the apm]
    the servo connection, well at first I tried in the apm; but didn't work so I tried directly to the receiver

Any suggestions on the connection or its ok?

I'm using a robot frame for testing in the picture.
    Thank you for all the help and support.
    Exito en sus projecto.

IMG_23756324729080-1.jpg

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3692938548?profile=original
  • Admin

@Jose,

How are you powering the APM?

Are you using the PM or a separate BEC?

The APM is not designed to power the camera servos driven by the APM Analog PWM outputs.

You must power the camera servos with a separate BEC and only use the PWM signals from the APM Analog outputs.

Wiki camera servo instructions:Camera Gimbal 1

Regards,

TCIII ArduRover2 Developer 

This reply was deleted.