All LEDs solid, all voltages nominal.   Manual and learning modes work fine.  With hundreds of meters to WP, rover goes fwd and rev erratically with no steering in auto mode.

Please have a look at my 52 sec. video showing MP screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh-aMNtyLsU

I have yet to reach my first WP, so any and all help would be appreciated.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Admin

@emile,

Please attach your parameter file.

You can save the parameters in the Full Parameter List screen and then attach it to your next post.

What is your waypoint radius set to?

What is the minimum distance between your waypoints?

Since you have telemetry enabled, how many satellites are you showing and is the compass displaying the true heading of the rover at the start of the mission?

How do you know that the Learning Mode works if it will not function correctly in the Auto Mode?

You might try checking the "reverse" box on the elevator graphic in the radio calibration page.

Regards,

TCIII ArduRover2 Developer

• Thanks TCIII,

param file attached as debug.param

distance from home & rover to WP 1 is 288M 

telem enabled, hdop 4, sats 7-8

compass current heading red line is accurate, gold line is accurate, black line jumps all over, green line bisects red and gold.  compass is calibrated and agrees with two other compasses and other maps.

When I say learning mode works, I mean that I can control the rover with R/C Tx - i.e. the same as manual.  Throttle and steering are smooth, proportional, and in proper direction.

Tried alternately reversing both elev and ail in radio calibration and there was no change in auto mode behavior.  Still goes full speed in both fwd and rev with occasional full stops.  

My Taranis is set up as:

Tx elevevator stick is APM rover ch.1 output to ESC(throttle) and MP radio calibrate roll graphic.

Tx aileron stick is APM rover ch.2 output to steering servo and MP radio calibrate throttle graphic.

Note that I have gone from MP 1.3.5 to 1.3.6 to 1.3.7 in the last few days so the playing field may have changed.

Also I have blocked up the rover for these tests so that it does not move.  But even if I manually rotate the rover, the compass & heading changes but servo output remains around 1500.

Thanks again and I'm looking forward to your suggestions.

debug.param

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3702504703?profile=original
    • Admin

@emile,

I use a Spektrum DX7 transmitter and a AR 6100 receiver and I have always connected the steering servo to channel 1 (aileron joystick) and the ESC elevator joystick) to channel 3 as shown in the Wiki assuming you are using an APM and not a Pixhawk.

Your HDOP is somewhat on the high side for the number of acquired sats, but not unusual.

I suggest that you set up your Flight Modes to the default until you get your issue resolved: Auto, Auto, Learning, Learning, Manual, Manual.

This might be your problem:

RCMAP_PITCH,2 (Elevator)

RCMAP_ROLL,1 (Aileron)

RCMAP_THROTTLE,3

RCMAP_YAW,4

Regards,

TCIII ArduRover2 Developer

• DUH! pilot error again.  

APM output pins reversed, probably related to previous brain fart.

Will try your suggestions. Thanks for your help.

This reply was deleted.