Hello,

Alright, I'm currently running the latest Rover FW 2.45 and I'm trying to setup a external LED for GPS status. I've read on the forums about assigning a value for the LED_MODE under adv parameters in MP but I can not find it. I have even searched through the code in the Arduino IDE to no avail.

So, I ask, how does one go about enabling this feature?

Also, regarding the use of a USB joystick, is it possible to reassign the buttons to toggle a relay/channel instead of just flight modes?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks for the reply back Thomas, apologies for taking so long to get back and thank you, been crazy busy working on our rover. 

I was so happy to see the new changes made with the USB joystick in the latest MP release, you guys are doing amazing work. I do have a small question regarding relay use. I see in the options that you can have/control up to 4 relays but I can only find information about setting up relay 1, which plugs into the A9 port. My question is, where do the other 3 relays go?

The past couple of days we have been doing range tests with our rover (BTW, the RFD900 tele radios are really nice). We occasionally run into a bug where we have issues passing control back to the transmitter from USB control, particularly when we are at the edge of our range. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. When we disable the USB, we are unable to regain control with our Tx, however, when we re-enable the USB, it's able to retake control. The only way to regain Tx control is to power cycle the APM. Have you heard about this happening before?

• Admin

@Joey,

Unfortunately this feature only works for the ArduCopter crowd.

It is presently on our todo list, but is not considered to be an urgent feature to implement at the moment.

Regards,

TCIII ArduRover2 Developer

• Hi, are you saying USB Joystick support for a 'Rover' isn't supported yet?  I can't seem to find any options for it.  I'm virtually desperate to use a USB controller for multiple reasons and was counting on it based on described features when buying.  I understand there is much to do and it takes time, would you be able to give an estimate on when support could be implemented?

• Admin

@Ron,

The USB joystick support in the MP should be functional. I was referring to the EXTERNAL_LED function that only works for the ArduCopter users.

Regards,

• Thank you, until last night I had not tried MP yet. I installed it and set up the joystick which appears fully functional in the setup panel (controls move/auto detect works) but it does not work when attempting to actually use it in manual or steering modes. Programmed buttons do work, for example I set and used one to change modes but controls set for throttle and steering do nothing even though it's enabled.

• Admin

@Ron,

What Flight Controller are you using? Please provide more details about your setup.

Regards,

• RC tx/rx is HengLong 3 channel (pulled from old rc toy)

The USB controller is a Logitech F310 and this is how it registers in Mission Planner but in Win 7 device manager it appears as an Xbox 360 controller.

Using APM Rover firmware 2.45 however I flashed using APM Planner instead of MP (this shouldn't matter should it?)

Mission Planner 1.2.98

When I am in the Joystick Setup panel the usb controller seems to work perfectly, the graphics move as expected for assigned functions etc..

Are there any conditions that must be met?  (ie, RC tx/rx must be off or must be on)

This reply was deleted.