Rover SITL - Build Failed

Hi,

I'm trying to run Rover on the SITL simulator but I can't get it to work. I've followed all the steps on setting up SITL (Setting up SITL on Windows), However, when I try to build SITL ( "make sitl -j4" in the ardupilot\APMrover2 directory) it fails. Here's the error message I get :

3691249068?profile=originalWhen building SITL in \Arducopter and not  \APMrover2 everything works OK.

It's possible I'm missing something obvious. Can anyone shed any light on a solution?

Thanks,

Luke 

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• It works perfectly now, Thanks for the quick fix !

• The problem reproduced for me. To fix it add LIBRARIES += AP_RPM to the end of the file APMrover2/make.inc

• Developer

Hi Luke.  I've just built sitl myself in APMrover2 (albeit on Linux) and its working for me.  As its working for you in ArduCopter but not APMrover2 its gotta be something simple.  The AP_RPM code is reasonably new so there may of been teething problems with it.  Make sure your code is up to date with master.  Also, please do a 'make clean' before you build in the APMrover2 directory.  I'm very interested to know how you go as not many people are building Rover under windows (or anywhere).

Thanks, Grant.

• Hi Grant,

tell me, if you, as a developer, have ever built Linux installer for SITL based on Windows installer concept.

I mean one working, pretested shell script to replace lengthy HowTo manuals.

If 100 ppl spend 10 hours making failed attemps to install app under Linux, so 1,000 working hours are wasted.

The same job can be replaced by one-time working and pretested installer (shell script)

done ones by Linux Guru like you to save 990 working hours.

Installer can be self-created from a console log file.

So one smart guy install Linux Cygwin app, saves console log file,

edits and publishes log file as a shell script, including user input windows

and 99 followers can install the same app smoothly in a matter of minutes (1 hour)

not spending hours, days trying to discover what's wrong.

Let me know your opinion.

• read

https://github.com/diydrones/ardupilot-wiki-issue-tracker/issues/156

Running and properly configuring SITL is not an easy job (Linux Cygwin Windows compatibility issues).

I am looking for preconfigured and preinstalled SITL + Cygwin  USB stick image to be run from USB for specific Windows version ( XP, 7, 10 ..)

any chance ?

I like Linux, Unix but you have to be Linux guru to make things to work properly.

This reply was deleted.