Any UAV businesses or research in Sydney?

Hi everyone,

I'm overseas at the moment, but trying to keep an eye on developments in UAV business back home. Seems to me that most of the action is in Queensland, with Queensland University of Technology and Insitu both there.

Anyone know of any larger businesses or academic programs for UAVs in Sydney? I mean something more than a one or two person shop doing aerial photography.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• A couple of years later, but looping back on this to say I've joined Australian UAV (www.auav.com.au) to expand their operations into Sydney+NSW. We use a mix of eBees (very expensive, but amazingly reliable) and DIY builds for larger areas or special projects.

I've also started a Sydney UAV Professionals group on LinkedIn to try and build a bit of a local community of commercial operators, which worked out really well when I was in Vancouver the past years.

• Bumping this in case anything has come up in the mean time.

I'll be back home in Sydney at Christmas and I'm keen to chat with anyone doing commercial or research work with with UAVs in Sydney. So far I only have Rotorworks (www.rotorworks.com.au) and Sydney Uni on my list for Sydney, everyone seems to be in Queensland ;(

This reply was deleted.