Running the most recent BBBMini build on BBB Rev A6 (2GB)

After creating an SD Card image with "Download Debian image https://rcn-ee.com/rootfs/bb.org/testing/2016-09-11/console/BBB-blank-debian-8.5-console-armhf-2016-09-11-2gb.img.xz" and trying to load it on a BBB Rev A6 (2gb) the flashed image does not appear to load. Has this image been tested on Rev A6? Is there another build, or how can this build be changed into an SD Card OS?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Same issue found when doing a cross compile. Thus, the issue appears to be separate from the specific BBB build.

Justin C said:

So for the 9-11 image I changed the line to: #cmdline=init=/opt/scripts/tools/eMMC/init-eMMC-flasher-v3.sh.

During the Compile step: waf configure --board=bbbmini I ran into the following issue:

Checking for program 'arm-linux-gnueabihf-pkg-config' : not found
    Could not find the program ['arm-linux-gnueabihf-pkg-config']
    (complete log in /home/debian/ardupilot/build/config.log)

The log had:

Checking for program 'arm-linux-gnueabihf-pkg-config'
    not found
    find program=['arm-linux-gnueabihf-pkg-config'] paths=['/home/debian/bin', '/usr/local/bin', '/usr/bin', '/bin', '/usr/local/games', '/usr/games'] var='PKGCONFIG' -> None
    from /home/debian/ardupilot: Could not find the program ['arm-linux-gnueabihf-pkg-config']

Any ideas on where this program is and how to fix?

I haven't had a chance to check the new image yet.

• I have had no luck trying to connect to the 9-21 build via SSH. This is after flashing it to a BBB rev A6. Only the D2 light is flashing, so its not quite the same as the 9-11 build. When booting off of the SD card for the 9-11 build there was not any issue with SSH.

• So for the 9-11 image I changed the line to: #cmdline=init=/opt/scripts/tools/eMMC/init-eMMC-flasher-v3.sh.

During the Compile step: waf configure --board=bbbmini I ran into the following issue:

Checking for program 'arm-linux-gnueabihf-pkg-config' : not found
    Could not find the program ['arm-linux-gnueabihf-pkg-config']
    (complete log in /home/debian/ardupilot/build/config.log)

The log had:

Checking for program 'arm-linux-gnueabihf-pkg-config'
    not found
    find program=['arm-linux-gnueabihf-pkg-config'] paths=['/home/debian/bin', '/usr/local/bin', '/usr/bin', '/bin', '/usr/local/games', '/usr/games'] var='PKGCONFIG' -> None
    from /home/debian/ardupilot: Could not find the program ['arm-linux-gnueabihf-pkg-config']

Any ideas on where this program is and how to fix?

I haven't had a chance to check the new image yet.

• Hi Justin,

this issue should be fixed with this image: https://rcn-ee.net/rootfs/bb.org/testing/2016-09-21/console/BBB-bla...

• You can use the SD card as file system as well, you have to change the last line from /boot/uEnv.txt from 

cmdline=init=/opt/scripts/tools/eMMC/init-eMMC-flasher-v3.sh

to

#cmdline=init=/opt/scripts/tools/eMMC/init-eMMC-flasher-v3.sh

and reboot.

Justin C said:

During the Flash the lights go from D2-D5 and back again few a few minutes, they the system shuts down. When attempting to boot D2 and D3 light and I am unable to make an SSH connection.

• Just found a A5A BBB with 2GB, same issue here. I have to talk to robert about that.

Justin C said:

During the Flash the lights go from D2-D5 and back again few a few minutes, they the system shuts down. When attempting to boot D2 and D3 light and I am unable to make an SSH connection.

• During the Flash the lights go from D2-D5 and back again few a few minutes, they the system shuts down. When attempting to boot D2 and D3 light and I am unable to make an SSH connection.

• That should fit and work with your 2GB BBB. Can you explain a little bit more what happens?

Regards

Mirko

This reply was deleted.