Tested hardware for BBBMINI

This is a list of tested hardware for the BBBMINI. If you have other hardware in use, please let me know, so I can update the list.

RC Receiver

• FlySky FS-R9B with PPM-Encoder,
  • Frsky X8R, via S.BUS, 5V VCC, R4 = 0 Ohm, R5 = not used (open), latest X8R firmware required
  • Frsky X4RSB, via S.BUS, 5V VCC, R4 = 0 Ohm, R5 = not used (open), latest X4RSB firmware required
  • Frsky D4R-II, via CPPM, 5V VCC, R4 = 0 Ohm, R5 = not used (open)
  • OrangeRX R615X, via CPPM, 5V VCC, R4 = 0 Ohm, R5 = not used (open)
  • OrangeRX R620, via S.BUS, 5V VCC, R4 = 0 Ohm, R5 = not used (open)
  • Spektrum AR7700 PPM, 5V VCC, R4 = 0 Ohm, R5 = not used (open)
  • Spektrum Satellit SPM 9645, 3.3V VCC, R4 = 0 Ohm, R5 = not used (open), has to be bind before use
  • Turnigy 9x 8C V2, 5V VCC with PPM-Encoder (Arduino nano), R4 = 1k Ohm, R5 = 2k Ohm

GPS

• Drotek Ublox NEO-M8N GPS module, 3.3V VCC, (-B /dev/ttyO5)
  • Hobbyking Ublox NEO-7 GPS module, 5V VCC, (-B /dev/ttyO5)
  • MAX-7Q Ublox Neo-7Q GPS module, 5V VCC, (-B /dev/ttyO5)
  • BeStar BN-800, Ublox M8N GPS Module (clone I think but reports as M8N), 5V VCC (-B /dev/ttyO5)
  • BeStar BN-880, Ublox M8N GPS Module (clone I think but reports as M8N), 5V VCC (-B /dev/ttyO5)
  • Neo 6M GPS module, 3.3 V VCC (-B /dev/ttyO5)

Telemetry

• 3DR USB-Radio connected to BBB USB port, (-C /dev/ttyUSB0)
  • 3DR UART-Radio connected to UART4, 5V VCC, (-C /dev/ttyO4)
  • Crius Bluetooth Module connected to UART4, 5V VCC, (-C /dev/rttyO4), baudrate must be set to 57600 (AT+BAUD7)

Laser altimeter

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I don't know Mike. I just wanted to see if I could get it to work with the BBBmini and decided to share the information.

In addition to the above I'm going to add 10k resistors to the EN & GPIO-2 connections.

• I have no GPS lock with 3DR GPS LEA6 V1.1, 5.0V nor  3.3V VCC, (-B /dev/ttyO5).

Is there any experience on this GPS ?

• Thank you for the inputs. I will dig 3DR-GPS more:-)

• It is confirmed that "-B /dev/ttyS5" works with 3DR GPS LEA6H Ver1.1 (3.3V).

Thanks.

• Does Mission Planner tell you "GPS no fix"? On my BB my serial port was /dev/ttyS5 not tty05. You might check it.

• Admin

@Jiro,

I was able to get the 3DR V1.1 LEA-6 GPS/Compass module to work, but it required the use of a Sparkfun level shifter to mate the 5 vdc I/O of the GPS to the BBBMINI GPS 3.3v I/O.

Regards,

TCIII AVD

• Hi Mirko,

Has support for the COMPASS with I2C been considered.  I believe that is required for proper operation.

Regards

David

• Hi Davis,

you can connect an external compass to P15, should run without any configuration.

Regard

Mirko

• I can confirm it works fine with an EBAY M8n 3.3v with HMC5883L.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEO-M8N-High-Precision-GPS-Module-Built-in-...

• Hi,

I was trying two compass - one MPU-9250 and was fine and working.

I connect a second compass HMC5883L - with a new gps ublox 8 like yours, but was horrible - Arducopter was with hudge cpu consumption, software was too slow and the problem was this compass. Have you tried with the last release?

Regards

This reply was deleted.