Tested hardware for BBBMINI

This is a list of tested hardware for the BBBMINI. If you have other hardware in use, please let me know, so I can update the list.

RC Receiver

• FlySky FS-R9B with PPM-Encoder,
  • Frsky X8R, via S.BUS, 5V VCC, R4 = 0 Ohm, R5 = not used (open), latest X8R firmware required
  • Frsky X4RSB, via S.BUS, 5V VCC, R4 = 0 Ohm, R5 = not used (open), latest X4RSB firmware required
  • Frsky D4R-II, via CPPM, 5V VCC, R4 = 0 Ohm, R5 = not used (open)
  • OrangeRX R615X, via CPPM, 5V VCC, R4 = 0 Ohm, R5 = not used (open)
  • OrangeRX R620, via S.BUS, 5V VCC, R4 = 0 Ohm, R5 = not used (open)
  • Spektrum AR7700 PPM, 5V VCC, R4 = 0 Ohm, R5 = not used (open)
  • Spektrum Satellit SPM 9645, 3.3V VCC, R4 = 0 Ohm, R5 = not used (open), has to be bind before use
  • Turnigy 9x 8C V2, 5V VCC with PPM-Encoder (Arduino nano), R4 = 1k Ohm, R5 = 2k Ohm

GPS

• Drotek Ublox NEO-M8N GPS module, 3.3V VCC, (-B /dev/ttyO5)
  • Hobbyking Ublox NEO-7 GPS module, 5V VCC, (-B /dev/ttyO5)
  • MAX-7Q Ublox Neo-7Q GPS module, 5V VCC, (-B /dev/ttyO5)
  • BeStar BN-800, Ublox M8N GPS Module (clone I think but reports as M8N), 5V VCC (-B /dev/ttyO5)
  • BeStar BN-880, Ublox M8N GPS Module (clone I think but reports as M8N), 5V VCC (-B /dev/ttyO5)
  • Neo 6M GPS module, 3.3 V VCC (-B /dev/ttyO5)

Telemetry

• 3DR USB-Radio connected to BBB USB port, (-C /dev/ttyUSB0)
  • 3DR UART-Radio connected to UART4, 5V VCC, (-C /dev/ttyO4)
  • Crius Bluetooth Module connected to UART4, 5V VCC, (-C /dev/rttyO4), baudrate must be set to 57600 (AT+BAUD7)

Laser altimeter

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Just a new update.

The ESC Emaxx Simonk 60A is working. Like this one https://portuguese.alibaba.com/product-detail/emax-simonk-60a-esc-e...

Emax Simonk 60a Esc Electronic Speed, Emax Simonk 60a Esc Electronic Speed Suppliers and Manufactur…
    Alibaba.com offers 80 emax simonk 60a esc electronic speed products.
  • Thanks Mirko! 

The MavLink_FrSkySPort project looks compelling, which converts Mavlink to FrSky telemetry using a Teensy.  Would it be as simple as connecting this to P7 on your board and calling the executable with -C /dev/ttyO4

Clooney82/MavLink_FrSkySPort
    This MavLink_FrSkySPort repository is discontinued! The development is moved to athertop/MavLink_FrSkySPort. Please do not use this repo, and follow…
  • I tested it successful with a FrSky USB adapter connected to the BBB USB port. You could also connect the FrSky receiver to an uart port of the BBB, but you have to take care of the 3.3V and you may need a signal inverter.

Regards

Mirko 

Larry M said:

Anyone know if the BBBMINI is compatible with any of the FrSky receiver telemetry outputs? I notice that some Pixhawk users use an RS232 to TTL converter to talk to the FrSky D and X receivers, and was wondering if BBBMINI could do the same. Am considering an upgrade to my FlySky radio.
  • Anyone know if the BBBMINI is compatible with any of the FrSky receiver telemetry outputs? I notice that some Pixhawk users use an RS232 to TTL converter to talk to the FrSky D and X receivers, and was wondering if BBBMINI could do the same. Am considering an upgrade to my FlySky radio.
  • Hi,

I made a second BBBMini board replacing an APM 2.6 and I'm having a issue with my esc.

I'm using this - http://www.emaxmodel.com/esc/simonk-series/emax-multirotor-4in1-esc...

and when arming the quad sometimes one motor don't start, or sometimes 2 motors don't arm.

I must take off the connector and connect on 5v source, and them insert again on BBBMini output, the motor start and all works.

Someone has problem like that ?

• Unfortunately the Emax 4in1 is known to have a lot of problems. It won't work with Pixhawk at all.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2015388

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2299464&highlig...

• Hi Mike,

thanks for your reply. Regarding persons with problems, I love this emaxx, its reliable, stable and works fine. I'm using around 2 years on APM. I will try research a little bit, for now I'm doing the procedure to disconnect the esc is not booting, connect to 5v, wait for boot and then reconnect to BBBmini out - for now it's working fine. I saw about a programming card and some guy has changed parameters and is working too - I will buy one of this cards and try reprogramming too.

• Hi, after try almost everything - reprogramming, level shifter, opto coupler, this ESC doesn't work with BBBMini.

• Hi Mike,

thanks for your reply. Regarding persons with problems, I love this emaxx, its reliable, stable and works fine. I'm using around 2 years on APM. I will try research a little bit, for now I'm doing the procedure to disconnect the esc is not booting, connect to 5v, wait for boot and then reconnect to BBBmini out - for now it's working fine. I saw about a programming card and some guy has changed parameters and is working too - I will buy one of this cards and try reprogramming too.

• Wondering if this would make for a relatively simple dual imu setup for bbbmini. if it reaches target it will include the mpu9250

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/sancloud-beaglebone-enhanced#/

SanCloud BeagleBone Enhanced
    The SanCloud BeagleBone Enhanced is ready for take-off..... | Check out 'SanCloud BeagleBone Enhanced' on Indiegogo.
This reply was deleted.