15 Minute Flight - CamOne Infinity

I purchased a CamOne Infinity and mounted it to the Iris.  The mounting parts that came with the CamOne work almost perfectly with the existing knuckle that came on the Iris (I used my rotary tool to remove some material, and I had to use a thumbscrew from a camera tripod to complete the setup).

3691116937?profile=original

Flying in 20 mph gusts, I was able to get 15 minutes of flight time.  The battery I used was a ThunderPower 4400mAh 3S.  I configured the battery failsafe to 10.4v and set capacity to 4400.

I'm really happy with the setup.  The camera takes 8MP photos on a timer, 720P video at 60FPS or 1080P video at 30FPS.  I bought it off Amazon for 200 USD.

-Joe

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• That's a very low voltage for a 4S, Generally I try to ensure to keep at least 3v per cell, so 12v on 4S. The batteries - especially high quality ones can cope with lower and come back with no problem, but you are almost certainly reducing their life.

If my nanotechs go below 3v they puff, more often than not, on the next charge. (Think fire hazard as well as worn out battery)

Mind you, I suppose under load it could be as low  2.6v/cell, but would quickly recover to 3v once you land, but still I'd make sure I wasn't flying far away at that F/S level, as you would have very little left for a RTL.

Hope that's of some use!

• It's a 3S battery.  It had 10v left when I checked after the failsafe kicked in and auto landed.  I notice the higher capacity, higher quality batteries don't seem to drop voltage as fast as the 3500 that comes with the Iris.

• Sorry I must have crossed eyes, I read and re-read 4s in your original post. As you were ;)

• If you want really good video you should try the new 3-axis gimbal. It will reduce your flight time to about 10-11 mins with the batt. you have but the trade-off is well worth it.

• Thanks for the suggestion.

I plan to keep working on balancing the props and experimenting with vibration suppression materials before trying the heavier setup.  The Iris flies very smooth in auto mode, so I haven't had many problems with video quality so far other than jello.

This reply was deleted.