well today just wasn't my day.
I wanted to video some today of a lake near here that is soon to be refilled after the dam was replaced for the 2nd time. I preflighted my IRIS+ and even flew it around the yard some, it operated flawlessly. so i got ready and went to the lake. I put in my battery, waited for the IRIS+ to give the green light.
i took off, flew around the perimeter of the lake some, and then headed offshore ( no water yet, just the streams ) i get about half way over the lake and suddenly the drone looses total control wobbled around violently, fell and crashed upside down. badly damaged.

What could have caused it to suddenly go out of control.. someone please help..

the flight lasted less than 1 min.. i was in loiter mode. full charged batteries.

i'll post logs on here...

2018-01-20%2015-39-08.bin

2018-01-20%2015-39-08.log3691361896?profile=original3691361850?profile=original3691361909?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• All you have to do is to go to the Missionplanner and to convert the log file to a google earth file. You got to go to the Telemetry Logs and there you can convert the files.

Dataflash logs can also do that job.

• Developer

I don't spend time on DIYD anymore, normally I'm over on discuss or one of our other communication channels.

In any case, I wanted to let you know that Peter Barker and I have seen this and will look into it.  I've raised an issue here.

ArduCopter
    Copter software and configuration user support discussion
  • Hi Ray

I saw the logs. Looks like for some reason, the main accelerometer ACC1 stoped working at line 94.06 and then the stabiization sistem stopped too (see the RATE),and started to osscilate. The second accelerometer ACC2 worked fine but the stabilization never recover.

sorry for your copter

Your copter  fly four year without a crash....  I crashed half of my fly days. XD

This reply was deleted.