FPV with IRIS?

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has added a FPV kit to the IRIS. I would be interested in how and where to mount the parts (camera, transmitter with antenna, additional battery?).

Would there be enough space in the shell? If anyone has done this already, please post some pictures.

Thanks, and best regards, Udo

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• We are installing complete FPV solutions at www.blackopsdrones.com for the IRIS.

• AK will you have a self install kit with instructions available ??

• Hey Udo,

I just got my Iris the other day, what a machine! I have just ordered a FPV package from helipal, they are extremely expensive for shipping but if you can look past that they have some decent stuff: http://www.helipal.com/fpv-system_fpv-package.html. Once I receive everything I will post some pics of how and where I mounted the transmitter, oh by the way I will be using the gopro hero 3 silver as my camera.I did however take a part my Iris yesterday, looks to be plenty of room to attach other things such as the FPV system. Good luck! hope this post has helped.

Best Regards,

FPV Combo Package - HeliPal
    Buy FPV Combo Package online at the Lowest Price. HeliPal is the largest rc helicopter online store. HeliPal is famous for their Fast Shipping, Low P…
    • hi ive been dying to get me my very own Iris. i almost had enough play cash and then 3dr went out of stock. since then ive been watching and waiting and waitng for kinks to be worked out. what do you think of the pixhawk? on a scale of 1 to 10 where do you score your Iris? 

i read somewhere that the motors need upgrading. whatcha think?

thank you 

• Thanks, this looks nice.

• This is my Iris, there are many like it but this one is mine. I have set up FPV by attaching the transmitter to the bottom of the Iris with Industrial Velcro. I am powering the Transmitter with the Gimbal power cord from the Iris, I also have a strom 11.v 35c 2200mAh that can also power the transmitter. I found that there may have been enough room to install the transmitter in the shell but from what I have been reading on here is that may cause interference with the Telemetry or RC transmitter, so on the bottom it went. Let me know if you need anymore information.  3702644805?profile=original

20140328_111334.jpg

20140328_111136.jpg

20140328_111227.jpg

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3702644830?profile=original
    • RV, how is your Helipal FPV working for you...?  As advertised, does the GoPro operate simultaneously as a camera and fpv camera...?  Do you recommend it to other IRIS owners...? 

Thanks.

• Hey SteveL, 

I would have to say that it is working out great, waiting on a charge as we speak to go and send her up again. I have not attempted anything extremely long range with it yet, but so far so good. I've had the IRIS with the Helipal FPV set up traveling around a 400 meter radius with minimal interruption on the receiver. I am able to use the FPV feature while recording on the GoPro and have a video of some of my flights here: DIY IRIS vids.  I would have no issue recommending this to any other IRIS owners, I hope this helps.

RC

• Thanks for the review RC, and cool vid.  After a week of IRIS flying and GoPro-ing, i realize FPV is a must.  I'm now trying to decide between the Helipal and 3D's set-up.  Your input has me leaning toward the Helipal.  

I'm also grateful for this forum, which is a great 'fill the clue-bag' tool for us newbies. 

This reply was deleted.