IRIS+ and Yellow indicator question

Hello,

So I have a question... I have a card that came with the IRIS+. It list all the indicators for the rear LED.

Today, in a discussion with someone we were discussing GPS acquisition upon power up. Mine was indoors, so it took several minutes to acquire and finally give me a lock. In that time, it was blinking yellow, on and off. This other person was seeing the same on his.

The card says blinking blue lights are GPS acquisition. I've never seen blinking blue lights.

The card also says blinking yellow is an RC signal loss issue, yet I have signal, and am receiving data from the IRIS+ to the transmitter...

Can anyone explain the way all this should be interpreted?

Jim

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The copter needs to be in STD mode for the blue flashing and then green flashing when GPS has a 3D lock.  When copter is armed it will switch to a solid blue or green.

If the Transmitter is in Loiter mode then the new thing is to flash yellow indicating that GPS is in bad health and arming is not possible.  When GPS is good then it will change to flashing green.

It will also flash yellow if it was not stable when powered on, such as moving it while it was flashing red and blue.

In that case you need to power it off and then plug it back in.

If you start Mission Planner and put it on Messages tab you will see what its issue is.

• But this is not what is happening, and these conditions are not present. From reading around, it seems many are seeing this type of startup, or experiencing waits and timeouts upon init. I also read one response, on FB, that there may be a little bug. Still digging.

Personally, my TX is in STD, and I'm connecting a battery or USB on a bench. So no movement with the IRIS+. I have let it sit 10 minutes, unplugged for 10 or 15, then plugged back in and it sync up.

But really I was more concerned with what should be the correct sequence of lights. We got into the discussion because someone was having similar issues. I went back and pulled my paperwork that came with the unit, and that is how I came to asking the question. And I can say, along with several others, that the blue flash sequence for GPS acquisition has never been seen by me, indoors or out. So I was just curious if something else was up.

The only message I received this AM, was 

PreArm: Alt disparity

The light were yellow, and then the GPS locked right on.

Thanks for the clarification on the indicator!!

• When the Iris+ is first powered on, it will flash red and blue. I have had a GPS lock before indicated by the audio and yet still flash yellow due to High GPS HDOP. 

Here is a good list of error codes:

http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/prearm_safety_check/

Alt disparity : the barometer altitude disagrees with the inertial navigation (i.e. Baro + Accelerometer) altitude estimate by more than 2 meters.  This message is normally short-lived and can occur when the flight controller is first plugged in or if it receives a hard jolt (i.e. dropped suddenly).  If it does not clear the accelerometers may need to be calibrated or there may be a barometer hardware issue.

This reply was deleted.