Replies

• Your Pixhawk flight computer has a micro SD card. The card you found is an adapter. If you have to read the micro-SD card in your Pixhawk then you plug it into the adapter so you can read the micro SD card in a normal sized SD card slot. 

• Here is a silly question - I use a laptop as a ground station, so I can't use the mini-usb to mini-usb cable included by 3DR. Can I use any simple mini-usb to usb cable (the cheap ones are for charging and only have some of the pin connected) or do I need a specific kind? Thanks!

• The longer USB cable that came with your IRIS can be used to configure and communicate with the copter but when retrieving logs there is a bug in the current release of firmware that causes corruption of the flash logs if you download them via USB. So if you want to view flash logs you should take the SD card out and retrieve them directly.

You can however use USB cables to change settings on you copter. If your question was about using the 3DR telemetry transceiver connected to your computer, the answer is yes any USB cable that has the right connectors on each end will work.

• Thankyou
  • The SD card is just an adapter for the micro SD card that is in the PixHawk.   It's so you can insert the microSD card into your PC.

• Well that depends. What hand controller did you get with the Iris. If it's a spectrum DX the SD card goes in the hand controller. But there is also a micro SD Chip that goes in the front of the iris that holds your log files. 

This reply was deleted.