Long leg kit Rubber Feet falling off and lost.

Anyone besides me having a problem with losing the little rubber caps on the long legs? It looks like they did not use any adhesive on them, just a friction fit.Asked 3DR about getting replacements and they sent me the part number for the whole long leg kit. 

Ideally I would like to find a better foot that is like a disk on a swivel. Have not found any options so far other than buying the long leg kit. Anyone 3d printing better feet?

I guess I could just go the the auto parts store and buy vacuum line rubber caps.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi. I had the same problem. They're not glued and come off easily. After I lost two, asked the store for replacements, and was referred to the purchase of a complete set of legs (0 consideration for client or the environment), I complained and 3DR sent me a set of legs no charge. There should have been another way to resolve this.

3D printing and Sugru are nice, but $ excessive and time consuming.

Anyway, I've since found in a local electronics shop rubber caps that fit perfectly. To my taste, I think they're even better than the originals (small whole at the bottom for better gluing). Let me know if you are interested. Not certain how much they are (25-50 cents each?).

Best,

Fred

• How about making some new with Sugru? 
    https://sugru.com

:-)

The World's First Mouldable Glue
    A flexible, adhesive repair putty that sets strong by turning into a durable silicone rubber. Perfect for craft, DIY, upcycling and hacking your stuf…
    • I was not aware of Sugru. Now that stuff looks very interesting. I like that it would be rubber. Thanks very much for the heads up. It looks like a great solution.

• I hot glued mine on. There are several 3d printed leg options on thingiverse 

• try these legs and feet...Ian has been printing some items you might like... http://www.impconcepts.com/impstore

• You have done some very nice work there. Would you be interested in doing something with my idea of a disk shaped foot?

About the size of a quarter or half dollar, with an "bull nose" rounded blunt edge. Maybe even have the edge angle out away from the foot and extend up a few mm. This might improve "flotation" for snow and sand landings. Distribute the weight over a greater area of the contact point. I know those landing surfaces should be avoided. I do intend to get some footage of a friend who is a competitive freestyle skier in a terrain park.

Possibly adding a ball and socket type swivel joint between the foot and leg for uneven surface landings.

Don't know if that makes sense. I can see it in my minds eye but not sure if I am explaining it well.  

• Send him an email..he made me a custom camera mount
    • oops my mistake. I misunderstood, thought you had done the work, I will contact Ian by email

This reply was deleted.