That ilusive GPS lock

It seems that I am unable to get my IRIS+ to obtain GPS lock and consequently the device will not arm. 

I am getting 1.99 HDOP consistently but the indicator LED continues to remain in the bilking yellow state,

Naturally enough, I get the old two tone error response when I try to start the motors.

So I am at a loss to explain why locking GPS should be so elusive.  The device initializes fine and this is evident by the parameter dump on the MP.  I have removed the geo fence to see whether there was any change but this has yielded no joy. 

This is an out-of-the-box IRIS+  any ideas out there?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• This procedure only changes slightly after the first time you get GPS lock in your general location... once you obtain lock the first time, any future locks will be much much faster... IOW: Your next battery swap... obtaining lock should only take a few seconds to a minute...  everything else stays the same...  The GPS caches the last location it was armed and starts trying to connect to those satellites first... since the Iris isn't in the same location as the last time it had lock, it has to reacquire new satellites.

This reply was deleted.