Tower Software cannot hold Iris+ in the air

So I recently planned some missions with the Tower software. As instructed to do upon it coming out. I first used my Iris+ with no gimbal and it performed flawlessly. I then attached the gimbal and when it tried to do any sort of turns it fell out of the sky. I have my data logs. I was wondering if anyone has had this sort of trouble? 

2015-02-13%2013-43-04.bin

2015-02-13%2013-38-53.bin 2015-02-13%2013-33-41.bin

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Transmitter model is the FS-TH9X. I calibrated the radio after I upgraded to the firmware presented in mission planner. Thank you Michael for going over these logs. I also see this for the desired yaw. I notice that when yawing the aircraft they tend to lose altitude. Could this have caused the steady decline in altitude? The fact that it was yawing at a perceived false maximum in motor PWM caused it to fall? Is this a normal graph for yaw? 3702686632?profile=original

• The file at 630 is the same exact figure eight pattern that caused it to crash. I am uploading tests of when it worked without the gimbal on it. 

The file at 12-37 is the same figure eight but successfully accomplished. 

The last file is the successful mapping mission i plotted. 

2015-02-13 18-33-59.bin

2015-02-13 12-37-08.bin

2015-02-13 12-43-52.bin

• I have just got my FPV kit and have not had to many flights with it just yet.  It does however fly with that attached as well.

The only thing left then is to put you IRIS on a diet.

Post a few more logs with just the IRIS and then with the all the fixings.  Just take off in STD and fly at about 10 meters for few minutes and then land.  This will give us a little more insight as to how well its flying.

• So this is a stock IRIS+ with Tarot gimbal and GoPro camera?

It was a calm day out with no wind in the 20 to 30 range.

It should fly with no issues then.  I do it all the time as do others.

Your flight log show that the copter motors were maxed out right from the get go as though you had other items on board.

When it turned it must have turned into the wind as the copter just started to drop at full power.

• I had the video transmitter on it. Yep, stock iris+. 

• Don't think it had anything to due with guided mode or Tower.  The load was too heavy for it to stay in the air.

I have flown several mission with the original IRIS with gimbal and GoPro with no issues.  Have also used Guided a little and that also works great.

You need to unload your luggage before you takeoff.

• So I need to unload the "luggage" that 3DR said I should buy and should fly with? 

This reply was deleted.