Tower Software cannot hold Iris+ in the air

So I recently planned some missions with the Tower software. As instructed to do upon it coming out. I first used my Iris+ with no gimbal and it performed flawlessly. I then attached the gimbal and when it tried to do any sort of turns it fell out of the sky. I have my data logs. I was wondering if anyone has had this sort of trouble? 

2015-02-13%2013-43-04.bin

2015-02-13%2013-38-53.bin 2015-02-13%2013-33-41.bin

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Done, flew like a dream.

Config: IRIS+ with Gimbal and Camera no FPV

Graph:

3701935732?profile=original

I first did an auto mission with a square type box.  Then I did Position Hold with full throttle forwards and backwards.

The altitude did not change at all and the motors never came close to max.

I think you will have to wait till it gets to about 2 above outside and then it should fly just fine.

• I think I trimmed it down. ha. wow. I am an idiot. 

• For some reason your transmitter has a small range.

Mine goes from 1000 - 2016 which I thing is correct.

Don't know if this will effect performance though.  When you calibrate the ESC's they lock in on your max and then on your min and use that for it's range..

If that is the case then your copter is too heavy.  I may have to load up my IRIS and see what I get.  Unlike you it's 2 above here.

• As bill suggested you should redo the ESC calibration as this determines the range of the ESC's PWM values and this may fix your low throttle max.

It should not fall when doing a Yaw unless the motors are maxed out.

• When calibrating esc do you have to rebind the transmitter? 

• No.

• I just tried to do a radio recalibration and it isnt even picking up the radio. Stick movement translates to nothing on the copter. 

Now it won't even connect to the copter. This thing is really screwy right now. 

I recalibrated radio. For throttle low is 992:1890. 

• redid esc. ranges did not change

• Here is a plot of your 4:30 flight:

3701935553?profile=original

We can see that the motors max out at about 1825.  Your start averages just above 1700 which is not good.  Ideal would be 1500.

Hear is a plot of mine:

3701935474?profile=original

You can see that my motors max out at about 1950.  This is in PosHold mode with full stick straight ahead as fast as it will fly.  Also my hover is about 1600 which is ok.  This was done with short legs only.

The question is why are your motors stopping at 1825 when they can go to 1950.  In theory they can go to 2000 but they are limited in the flight controller.

Finally there is your 12:30 flight:

3701935377?profile=original

This is a reasonable flight where the motors do not max out.

• Developer
      The maximumium throttle PWM value is determined by the ESC and Radio calibration procedures If your radio calibrate the ESC in the range of throttle in from 1100-1800, max throttle will be at 1800, if you do it between 1000-1950, max throttle is the same output for 1800 in the first case and 1950 in the second.

I'd suggest checking the param files in the .bin against the defaults. (I'm not near my computer at the moment)

Plus please describe what your standard setup is, other than IRIS+ ie RC tranciever etc, as it might be different, and might have give a clue.) pictures also help
This reply was deleted.