Went from telemetry troubles to GPS issues

Well got all the radio and most of the telemetry troubles fixed and had three batteries worth of flying time to enjoy before I had to screw things up again!!!

I decided to add the 3DR Live view kit which was dead simple to add! And now for some strange reason I cant get GPS lock!! I even tried removing the kit to make sure it wasn't interfering with the gps but no dice! When I hook the tower app up it says "GPS GLITCH!" and will not lock even though the TX says 10 sats!

WTH!?!?!?

Starting to think this is just too frustrating a hobby....

Any ideas?????

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I feel your pain. I've been setting up an APM 2.6, and tinkering with an Iris+, at the same time! It can get VERY confusing, but I find it to be like the first time you ran Windows, on a computer. Sorta BIG learning curve, but once you clear the peak, it all starts to make sense. It's raining like hell where I am now, so I just got done watching all 8 videos on the APM, from "Painless360" on youtube. He also has a new series on the Pixhawk. Really informative stuff. Way too much to try to remember it all, but it's easy to replay. I'm going to add a mini video transmitter, connected to my GoPro, on my Iris+, probably today. I'll post back if I run into a similar problem.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Painless360/videos

Painless360
    Dedicated to making Remote Control (RC) models and technology easier to understand. New videos added every week - 'Quick Tips' on a Tuesday and longe…
  • Welcome to the club......

This reply was deleted.