Home Point Reset on Powering Up

Hoping someone can help me here – I’m pretty sure it’s something quite simple and I tried some searches but to no avail.

I’ve already had a few successful flights with Pixhawk/Skywalker X-5 flying wing – in a park right next to my house. I decided to go to my local flying club today but I could not get the Pixhawk to arm (flashing yellow). In Mission Planner I looked at the Flight Data map and rest my mouse over the plane symbol and it shows 6Km to home. I then look at the Flight Plan tab and see the green “H” over my house!

So, it’s obvious that my home point has not been reset. Why is this? I’m sure I read somewhere that Pixhawk will record a new home point wherever it is powered up? I can only presume that the distance to home is what denied me the ability to arm because when I got home everything is fine.

When I was at the model club field I did try right click the plane symbol in the Flight Data map and selected “Set Home Here” but that did not help either.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Jacques

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Jaques,

When you were at the local flying club did you have internet access.  When connected to Mission Planner and no internet it will usual go back to the place it had a home connection. So at the flying field with no connection no place for mission planner to determine based off your gps to get infor for where you are.

1, even though u have no internet it should still tell u why u could not arm.

2, when you at home u can down load maps of ur local field so u can have reference when ur there,

Eric

• Eric, regarding your first point - I could not see any reason for failing to arm in Mission Planner. In the little telemetry/horizon window, it simply stated "Disarmed" and nothing else.

Jacques 

• Hi Eric - I confirm that I did have internet access and brought up the map of our flying field.

Also, just to add that when I got home I put the plane down in the back garden and powered up. The LED went to green to allow me to arm, but I noticed that when I looked in Mission Planner that the home point was still in on the other side of my house where I first armed the Pixhawk a few days back. Home point simply won't update to the place that I am powering up. I'm stumped!

Jacques

This reply was deleted.