Hi All,

I'm running a DFI-550 Flamewheel style hexacopter with a Pixhawk controller.  I have just started running missions by arming the unit, flippimg to Auto on the TX, then raising the throttle stilck to take off.  Works great!

Well the other day I started a misison just that way and as the hex took off I noticed it wobbling slightly with what sounded like "sputtering" power to the motors, not real huge.  It stopped that, rode to about 20 feet, the lady announced "Load Land" and it came down and landed.  Hmmmm, I wondered.

Next I unplugged the unit and power cycled it and it took off just fine, flew the mission, but about halfway through the lady said "Load return to Launch" and it came home and landed.

I am attaching the BIN log for that and I woyld like some assistance in diagnosing what went wrong. 

1. the "Load Land" came pretty early on so that should be easy to find in the log

2. the "Load Return to Launch" came later but was the only RTL in the mission which was followed by a "Load Auto" and takeoff.

It it no that intuitive on how to read the logs; if someone would please just take a peek and let me know how you filtered the logs or otherwise approached diagnosing that would go a long way towards getting self sufficient!@@

I also attached what I think is the correct tlog which would be the most recent by its time-stamped name.

Thanks a lot in advance...

Cheers,

Bill

6.BIN

log_usb_2015_09_26_13_14_59.tlog

log_usb_2015_09_26_13_01_30.tlog

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• She actually says *Mode Land or RTL. It looks like you were getting radio failsafes. Explained here: http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/throttle-failsafe/

6.PNG

• SkyRover, thanks a lot for taking the time to assist.  I opened the log and saw what you saw as well, but I am still investigating why I had a radio failsafe when the radio and RX were only yards apart. IO do know that my flight modes Auto and RTL are next to each other, and that the PWM separation between modes is pretty close, so if my TX is frifting in any way it may have done this as an artifact of the TX. 

Thanks again and I'll keep looking ;)

Cheers,

Bill

This reply was deleted.